Sign in to follow this  
Wombat

Problem seeing images in posts

For some reason, I am not seeing many of the images attached in posts. I see a line which indicates "attached Images" but that's all?

Sometimes I just peek in at the forums without logging on, and I can understand not seeing images then.

But if also happens when logged on.

What am I missing??

I'm sure that someone who knows the answer will be along eventually. Just bumping your post up.:drinks:

Might be worth clearing your internet Cache Wombat

I found it! It was adblock plus settings.

Once I disabled it for the forum, presto! there are the images.

Thanks for the replies.

I have now setup to clear the internet cache on exit, so that won't be a problem in future. Thanks for the idea.

I found it! It was adblock plus settings.

Once I disabled it for the forum, presto! there are the images.

Thanks for the replies.

I have now setup to clear the internet cache on exit, so that won't be a problem in future. Thanks for the idea.

Glad you're sorted m8...you wouldn't want to miss out on some of the screenies on here! :drinks:

Also, I think that if you aren't logged into the forums you can't see images that are uploaded to the forums - however you can see images that are just posted on the forums.

i.e. if someone uploads an image to the forum it'll say "Attatched Image etc" if you aren't logged in, but if someone uploads an image to imageshack or (insert image uploading website) and then posts the image in the forums then you can see it even if not logged in.

That's been my experience anyway.

Also, I think that if you aren't logged into the forums you can't see images that are uploaded to the forums - however you can see images that are just posted on the forums.

i.e. if someone uploads an image to the forum it'll say "Attatched Image etc" if you aren't logged in, but if someone uploads an image to imageshack or (insert image uploading website) and then posts the image in the forums then you can see it even if not logged in.

That's been my experience anyway.

Yes. I was aware of the need to be logged in, and that made sense to me. What had me buffaloed was that even when I WAS logged in, I couldn't see the images, and that was my overzealous adblocker at work.

Again, thanks to all for jumping in with help; it's what makes this forum great! (and of course the screenies lol)