Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

We have been flat out and making very good progress, but after a long session quite liked these pics so thought I'd post...

Cockpit is almost done will post some pics soon.

We have other great progress on the Campaign side, and AI, but for the moment under wraps still.

post-7478-0-43525900-1311426629.jpg

post-7478-0-86804000-1311426633.jpg

post-7478-0-84922700-1311426668.jpg

Stunning (as per usual Pol) :drinks:

Patience must have patience... okay WHEN ???? please...

Looking great there... Pol :clapping::drinks:

Frankly, the scenery alone will be worth the full price of the upgrade. Simply amazing work gentleman. Can't wait to see what you've done with the AI but I'm guessing it'll be no less spectacular than the graphics overhaul.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Did you make the R.E.8 larger, or is it the more detail, that makes it appear bigger, Pol?

Looks great; the gunner doesn't appear so stiff anymore; much more like life - can that be?

Landscape and town are wonderful again, Winder!

One funny thing: the "wire pyramids" on the top wing - what is that? Are there struts missing???

Edited by Olham

Well done gentleman! I feel like it's Christmas as I slowly tear the paper off a gift - not enough to reveal it's full contents - but enough to know I'll like it. :good:

Who needs Garmin or Tom Tom? I'm just going to use OFF P4.

At the risk of saying the wrong thing and being burned outside the Mess for heresy, I find myself desperately wanting to buzz that villages high street with my Mossie. When it's ready, what say you fellas to a P4 scenery add-on you can slap straight into CFS3? Like Hellshade says, I'd pay for the scenery alone. I know you chaps are WW1 from boots to goggles, but I mean it. P4 and P4+21. That is outstanding chaps.

Nice touch......looks to me like you've made the integration of landscape to town pretty seamless and natural. Whatever you've been doing to the scenery...Winder I expect.....is outstanding. Needless to say the planes continue to amaze....many thanks!!!!!

Thanks guys, scenery really does help the immersion. Nothing out there like Winder's scenery to be honest. Even jaded devs are enjoying flying at the moment.

Quite right Olham I missed it in that picture it was taken just before complete. Will post a few more soon. Yes we tried to make the gunner more hunched over the gun aiming etc looks better I think. There are lots of small things improved on the external which overall makes the craft and the scenery stand out nicely.

Who needs Garmin or Tom Tom? I'm just going to use OFF P4.

At the risk of saying the wrong thing and being burned outside the Mess for heresy, I find myself desperately wanting to buzz that villages high street with my Mossie. When it's ready, what say you fellas to a P4 scenery add-on you can slap straight into CFS3? Like Hellshade says, I'd pay for the scenery alone. I know you chaps are WW1 from boots to goggles, but I mean it. P4 and P4+21. That is outstanding chaps.

Flyby Pc,

You actually mean (assuming you are taking 1918) P4 +23 to get the mosquito, as it entered service in 1941 (sorry I can get quite picky on the minor details). But honestly do you think it is playing fair putting a twin engined machin with 6 machine gune + 4 cannon against an albatros or a fokker (or are you looking to rewrite "bloody april")?

You will give Olham nightmares when he is flying a GAS career. LOL

Yes we tried to make the gunner more hunched over the gun aiming etc looks better I think.

Yes, much more vital and somehow dangerous, with attention. Well done, guys!

You cannot imagine how much I am looking forward for P4!

You will give Olham nightmares when he is flying a GAS career. LOL

GAS? I'm not flying for any GAS - I fly for the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte.

Afraid from a Mosquito? Huh - my Albatros can turn much tighter!

First he'd need to hit me! Hehehe!

Edited by Olham

Looking great as always - loving the new field look in P4! :salute:

(Ah for 60 FPS, a guy can dream. :grin:)

GAS? I'm not flying for any GAS - I fly for the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte.

Afraid from a Mosquito? Huh - my Albatros can turn much tighter!

First he'd need to hit me! Hehehe!

Olham,

I assume Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte.translates as "German Air Service" (an assumption from seeing GAS on these pages so many times).

As for the he'd need to hit me comment, I suggest we let Hellshade fly the mosquito, that way he will only fire when the barrels of the guns are actually touching your pillots neck. lol

Time to give the germans a taste of being outgunned. LOL

Edited by Rugbyfan1972

The first one made me thought, you've changed the engine.

The landscape is just becoming better and better.

I have been dreaming dogfights and just the other day the wife found a set of three aircraft, a DR1, SPAD and Camel metal silhouettes that we had bought for my sons walls almost 30 years ago. This in combination with the amazing work you guys are doing makes me feel as if the stars are beginning to align in preparation for something wonderful!

All I want to know is where do I pre-order because I want this to be on my PC day one!

Edited by nbryant

Wow.....Just wow.

The level of detail is amazing.

A definate purchase for me. I thought my WW1 dreams had come true with BHaH plus HiTR....but these screenies are kind of telling me that my dreams still have some breathing room...

That is a great gift.

Much respect for your hard, and beautiful work gentlemen.

(I just need to know...when, and how much.)

Love the progress that you share Pol. You tease us with beautiful P-4-Play. We all look forward to more and more. Thanks for sharing and keeping our hearts and minds stirred.

Flyby Pc,

You actually mean (assuming you are taking 1918) P4 +23 to get the mosquito, as it entered service in 1941 (sorry I can get quite picky on the minor details). But honestly do you think it is playing fair putting a twin engined machin with 6 machine gune + 4 cannon against an albatros or a fokker (or are you looking to rewrite "bloody april")?

No not quite Rugbyfan, for the full on Dh Mosquito experience, you need to start in 1939. You need that two years of 'campaign mode' anticipation, wondering "Why am I flying this piece of **!"* instead of a decent aircraft I want to fly?" You need to have that two year period of expectation when you know you're in a war and desperately crave something like a Mosquito. You need to spend two years examining your arsenal of war planes and realise that beyond the Hurricanes, Spitfighters, and Beaufighters etc, there is still something missing. You must realise deep down that what your country needs is an aircraft which is bigger, faster, drop dead gorgeous, kicks like a mule, can fight or flee with the very best the enemy has to offer, and carries a bomb load bigger than a B17, and is just downright brutal to things it doesn't like.

But at the end of the day, this is about the OFF P4 screenshot and scenery, and while I fly both OFF and CFS3, with every OFF release, my CFS3 just looks worse and worse, and more and more crude. The best CFS3 scenery I have looks like you're flying without your glasses on, and IL2 looks like Pixar made it. I know, I probably could find the way to put some WW2 aircraft into the P4 scenery, but that feels wrong, like defiling a work of art. But I honestly do think that when P4 comes out, maybe then or later a tweaked landscape for CFS3 would also sell as payware, and you guys have already done the work to earn every penny.

Edited by Flyby PC

I assume Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte.translates as "German Air Service" (an assumption from seeing GAS on these pages so many times).

I know, Rugbyfan, you are not the only one using it, but it is still a short form, that only makes sense within a purely English community.

No one would go so far and translate "Jasta" into "fisquad".

Nor would a German come to the idea to call the RAF the KL, which would be the short for it's meaning in German: "Königliche Luftwaffe".

Or RFC into KFK - "Königliches Fliegerkorps". It was not called "Königliches Fliegerkorps" - it was called "Royal Flying Corps"

My personal feeling is, that names should be kept in the writing of the countries they come from. And also the short forms.

But please don't take this personal - I saw it many times in other posts, as you said.

As for the he'd need to hit me comment, I suggest we let Hellshade fly the mosquito, that way he will only fire

when the barrels of the guns are actually touching your pillots neck. lol

That would be really interesting to see. Could a Mosquito (which was a very fast plane, I think) fly slow enough

to follow the turning and other manoeuvering of an Albatros?

And on the other hand: was the Albatros' calibre strong enough to damage the Mosquito severely?

What do the aviation experts say?

Time to give the germans a taste of being outgunned. LOL

Yeah, it's true - the Germans had more twin gun fighters early on. But you will receive the Sopwith Snipe in P4.

Something to look forward to.

But the hardest thing I find if flying the Entente side is not the twin Spandaus on the other side -

it is that crossing of the lines, and fighting over enemy ground. That is the main factor, that will always

cost one many more pilots in OFF, than flying German side, over own terrain, IMHO.

I don't think the Albatros or any other agile WWI plane would stand a chance against a cannon armed fast WWII plane.

One cannon hit with deflection and bye-bye Albatros... :blink: