Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Amy Winehouse... Dead

she had more of a problem with alcohol,, just sayin, R.I.P. anyways

It was coming......

Talented and Stupid in equal measure

RIP

27, a dangerous age...

So whats the betting that the red tops in the UK start giving this little pickled bint more coverage than Norway?

Craig

Legend my ass guys, and sorry for harsh comment -the other day I was standing under big poster of her in Cracow promoting her tour and wondering to myself how long will she last, will she make it to the 30 was still in my head walking home.

All-addicted in her tweentieths was rather qalifying for a forced rehab in some mental institute, now will join that bloody hall of fame filled with dead corpses of 27 of age.

Let's face it -all the media, the music industry were waiting for it, for her another pass-out during the show, hoping they'll get the fatal one live (pun).

That's how the business works. And yes I blame the show industry -how many Big AAA Names, music artists appealed to her in public to do something about her way of doing life? Seriously, how many?

Think of the example she was giving to the teen fans of her.

Babe, despite what you sung, you needed that Rehab of yours. RIP

(no I was kinda liking her songs and image, my Dad is her music's fan I bought him Back to Black for birthday few years ago)

@FallenPhoenix: here in Poland it seems becoming more "important" than Norway massacre. Makes me wanna work more on fuell cells for my own spaceship to leave this s**tty Rock :bad:

now will join that bloody hall of fame filled with dead corpses of 27 of age

Wait till they start rolling out the shows with interviews of people she bought coffee from once.

Anyway it's all pretty much the way The Residents put it. Starting with 1:00

I have to ask who is she ? I rarely watch the news anymore and as to popular music ahem I am still stuck with AC/DC Metallica and the like... dying at 27 when its your own fault is stupid especially when its avoidable with Drugs etc...

liked a couple of songs, shocked to hear the news but defineatly suprised.

Sad to see that someone's child is dead, but this news falls in the I DON'T CARE category. There are bigger tragedy's in the world right now. I'd rather the time that is focused on this junkie focused on the victim's of Norway, who are they, what they did, etc.

• Like 1

Such a waste of talent. She had her demons, but still sad to see anyone go at such a young age. RIP

I swear, i must be one of very few people who are indifferent. In the music genres i follow, we've had musicians of jaw dropping ability die, some even younger than Winehouse, and go completly unoticed by the press.

I guess being honered and mourned is due only to "pop" stars.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Guest John117

With the kind of lifestyle she had,this was inevitable.Oh well...R.I.P.

OMG I'm so shocked! [/sarcasm]

Don't even begin to compare her to the likes of Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin, they are legends who made real contributions to music. While she may have been popular recently, in today's pool of "musicians" and hits that's hardly an accomplishment.

Who cares?? The way she lived she asked for it.

"The late singer's album sales increased 37 times over following the tragic news, while her singles sales were up 23 times over."

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/58224

See, dead sells much better. The most final and efficient publicity stunt.

Guest John117

Ironically...Michael Jackson was also worth more dead than alive.

I must say that this person probably is to be envied. I mean, she lived her life the way she wanted it, got to stardom, kept on partying, lived fast and died young. How many people twice or more times her age can say the same of their lives? She didn't want to set an example for anyone, but in the end, as Franky might've said, she "did it her way". Heck she even wrote a song about not wanting to straighten her life out, and she took it to the letter. Is she to be mourned? Not at all. She leaves life with no regrets. Did she leave an impact on music? If anything, I think she set an example on how NOT to be a star, cause it just doesn't take only a good voice, you gotta have a star attitude, and you can't disappoint fans on stage. But she chose to do so and nobody's left to blame but herself. She was not lacking information and hints about what she was doing was wrong or could end up this way for her - she decided to blaze her own path, and like a shooting star, burned in the atmosphere before she even hit the ground. On a funny note, all those people wanting her to rest in peace - heck I bet she's partying on wherever she is now.

A nice entertainer while she was able and lasted.

I wonder if the music industry will do another "Amy Winehouse" or not cause her stardom was fabricated by the industry. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

died young. How many people twice or more times her age can say the same of their lives?

None, if I'm allowed to use the basic logic :grin: