Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F-80C Shooting Star (by Pakso) For SF2 Updated

F-80C Shooting Star (by Pakso) For SF2 Updated

Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star, Skin & Ini Update Pak

For SF2, Any and All versions. (although Full-4 merged, with Expansion Pak 1 is HIGHLY reccomended for some weapons that might be needed!!)

This package contains Pakso's F-80C "Shooting Star" kinda-sorta updated for SF2.

This is a full aircraft package, with 3 skin/decal sets:

A 'base' USAF skin (my 416th FG with all the cool nose arts),

A new FAC (Colombian Air Force) skin,

and a 'Plane-Jane' generic natual metal, also tagged for USAF (easily used on others; this skin points to the 416th for some decals).

There are many more skins for the F-80 in the SF/Wo* downloads section. The cockpit is included.

Many of the 'tweeks' in the package are from several other mods, either by me or other folks I can't remember (oh! age!!). Other edits give you a manual animation keyed canopy (use Shift/0 to open/close), landing lights, a new SF2 UserList, updated avionics that give you the radar ranging gunsight. The main F-80C.ini is 'cleaned' out as to skin listings, so any others you may have will automatically add. A 'generic USAF' SF2 style hangar screen is included. It should be noted here, that although this is mostly for the FAC skin pak, it should be consided an SF2 update for the entire aircraft. Some changes have been made to the Flight Model, but it could use further refinements (flys ok on Normal)

The WW2 era bombs are =NOT= included, but the 2 drop tanks are and a 'new' rack for the HVARs is. The other items are available in the GunnyPak or if industrious, you can edit the loadout ini to use 3rdWire WW2 bombs from SF2:I Expansion Pak 1. Details are in the loadout ini (although TK neglected to add the AN/M65 1000 pounder..

As always, READ the enclosed readme for full, detailed instructions. This package has been broken down into the various folders that SF2 needs/requires/should have, to make it a LOT easier to install. There are some weapons notes in the "Notes and Other Ramblings" section that may be pertinent to those withOUT Expansion Pak 1

Happy Flying!

Wrench

kevin stein

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/24/2011
  • Category

Hey Wrench....ever notice the drop tanks seem a bit over-sized on this bird?? Is there an easy tweek for this or does the 3D model for the tank need need to be overhauled?? Then again...maybe my brain is shrinking from age...the tanks just look big... and I need to be overhauled :grin:..CHAMP

no, the tanks have been oversized since day 1 (you should see the 260 Misawas!); as is the birds butt -- everything aft of the star is not quite right in shape.

we've got a WHOLE new one in the works for KAW, when the guys finish it.

nobody noticed/ID'ed WHO is on that nose art???

Edited by Wrench

Don't care! I see a scantily clad lady, that suffices!

and there's PLENTY more in there too!!! :heat: