Sign in to follow this  
hummersepp

2 Small Questions from a Newbie

Hi Folks,

I have 2 questions and hope that you can he

1. No Radar in upper-right corner & small in-flight mod

Yesterday, I have downloaded the complete SF2 Series from the TW homepage (i.e. SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I + Exp. Packs). I have also downloaded some mods from this great website, and loved them! However, when I used to play the SF1 series, I had downloaded a small but very nice mod, which has deleted the radar in the upper-right corner and also reduces the sizes of the letters of the in-flight information in the lower-left corner. I have searched this forum and the download section for this mod, but unfortunately did not found it (my harddisc crashed so I can also not found the old file again). Hope, that someone of you can help me in this context.

2. Weapons Delivery

Can you help me about a tool/manual how to delivery certain weapons in SF2V? How - for example - do I shoot the Shrike Missile or the Wallaye property?

Thank you all very much for your help.

Hummersepp, Germany

1. Are you able to extract files - because HUDDATA.ini (in FlightData.cat) is the file you need to alter?

2. Will let other answer that if its just those 2.

shirke is 'point and shoot' approx 5-7 miles from target -- watch you RWR display and let fly

walleye or other EO bombs: shallow dive, release from 10000 feet or above, 3-5 miles from target, and hope for the best. Walleyes have a superb ability to hit the ground ... and sometimes even the target they're aimed at!! :lol:

Walleye is the right name for this piece of kit most times it goes where it wants and cannot see the target... best way to use it...

Climb to 12000ft wings level about 10 miles from the target and aquire your target maintain lock on the target until around 5 miles dive down gently about -5 to -10 degrees and release/fire the weapon gently climb away and with a lot of luck it should hit what its aimed at... check your TV Screen to make sure it has locked onto the target you have selected... this is the usual error.

Other Bombs as Wrench above advised all at around 4-5 miles in a dive from 10000ft... though some weapons do work from lower or further out...

me i like Mavericks from 2-4 mi out on the deck. but there is a whole set of manuals, deconfliction computers and more i believe in the latest Gunnys SF2 Weps Pack.

1. Are you able to extract files - because HUDDATA.ini (in FlightData.cat) is the file you need to alter?

2. Will let other answer that if its just those 2.

how do u extract data from .cat files? i use catpack and drag the .cat into it but gives me error - file is not a proper cat-file... I wanna reduce the size of my left and right corner information of my plane and my target selected... i dont like it so big and bulky..

how do u extract data from .cat files? i use catpack and drag the .cat into it but gives me error - file is not a proper cat-file... I wanna reduce the size of my left and right corner information of my plane and my target selected... i dont like it so big and bulky..

if you are patched later than May 11 then use TKs cat extractor available at TW site. If your patched pre May then you can use the CAT extractor for SF2 located in the Gen1 utilities section