Sign in to follow this  
TSgtT

FE1 stuck at 60%

Hi, need a little help with FE1. Installed it the other day and can't get it to go 60% when trying to fly a single mission. The sim gets stuck and doesn't go past 60%.

Would appreciate any advice on how to procede.

Thanks,

T.

Edited by TSgtT

Hi, need a little help with FE1. Installed it the other day and can't get it to go 60% when trying to fly a single mission. The sim gets stuck and doesn't go past 60%.

Thanks,

T.

Hi,

In my experience If I reduce the graphic settings then it should load faster. Otherwise just leave it for a while. If I have my graphic setting up high then it will "stick" at 60 then 80 percent before eventually loading. Hope this is your problem and it helps.

I try to have all my settings to Unlimited or High. When I use the stock terrains Cambrai and Verdun it sticks around 60% for a minute or two before jumping to 80% for about 5-10 more seconds. But it never freezes completely. Like VFC_Baxter said reduce your graphic settings and see what happens.

Not at all certain this could help, but you said you installed it recently; when doing so, did you set the Setup file's 'compatibility' tab main option to Windows XP SP2, and then right click again on the setup file and select 'Run as administrator'? If you're running Vista or Win 7, anyway. Don't think I recall ever getting the 60% problem but I have generally found that installing that way can prevent probs with pre-Vista programs like FE(1).

Thanks,

T.

I agree with the others, it's probably your computer. I have an older computer and when I try to run FE1 at "Unlimited" graphics setting it hangs at 80% and never goes beyond that (I've waited for as long as 15 minutes before rebooting the computer). When I run at "High" it hangs for a long time at 80% but eventually finishes, and then runs slow when there are shadows on the plane, but runs fine when I back off a bit.

I usually run the game in "Medium".

Stephen1918

Thanks guys that did the trick.

T.