Sign in to follow this  

I was wondering if there is any way to force the AI to use airbrakes / higher throttle settings when coming in to land?

I have been playing with the A team Buccaneer a lot and notice that the AI comes in "clean" with no throttle and no airbrake - this is not what happens in real life as Buccs come in "dirty" with full airbrake and engines at a fairly high setting to feed the BLC flaps.

Is there anyway to replicate this in game? I have tweaked around with landing speed but to no avail - so was wondering if anyone could shed some light?

Thanks!

:drinks:

You can try this parameter under the airbrake entry: DeployWithFlaps=TRUE

Hi Fubar, just had a try with that line added into the airbrake section - doesn't seem to affect the AI. They are still happy coming in at 126kts with no brakes and no throttle.

I've added the lines for the Left airbrake (part of the clamshell-like tail on the bucc) with the additional line

[LeftAirbrake]

SystemType=AIRBRAKE

DeployTime=3.0

RetractTime=1.9

AnimationID=7

ModelNodeName=ABSupp_L

DeployWithFlaps=TRUE

DragArea=4.65

Is this what you meant?

Thanks!

I've added the lines for the Left airbrake (part of the clamshell-like tail on the bucc) with the additional line

Thanks!

Yes, and I tried it myself with similar results....another broken parameter :rolleyes: .

You can try upping the drag values of the flaps...but be careful and do in small increments. This will force the AI to throttle up due to increased drag.

This is the value you need to play with, under each Flap entry.

"CDdc"

If it reads like so: CDdc=0.0350, try upping it to CDdc=0.0360, and so on, in . 001 increments.