Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Slightly OT: Battlefield 1918

I never of heard of this before. It's certainly not going to replace OFF but if anyone is "dying" to try WWI combat on the ground, a group of dedicated modders made Battlefield 1918 out of the original Battlefield 1942. I used to have BF 1942 but I think I got rid of it. If anyone else still has BF: 1942 it might be worth a try for some WWI multiplayer action.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-1918

Hellshade

I used to play this a lot..there are two WW1 mods for BF1942....the other one (which I cannot remember the name of) was actually the better of the two.

I'll try and dig out a link :good:

I used to play this quite a bit. It's good, insofar as the BF1942 engine allows. The odd bug here and there but otherwise accomplished. Better in MP than SP natch but the SP is playable. I'd like to know what the other one was though.

Wouldn't it be good if you could knit something like this with OFF and have a full on multiplayer world, with an OFF multiplayer campaign in the skies above a full on Battlefield 1918 (or similar) campaign being fought on the ground. Have a big rolling battlefield where you can join and leave where you like and fly or drive what you want, and how ever many players you wanted too.

Imagine the options there would be if there were actual people driving army units on the ground. You could support or attack them, influence battles, actually spot for artillery in real time. Imagine the options you'd give them too.

Ah, one day ...... so long as it isn't me paying the phone bill.

There was a World War One Mod for the game Operation Flashpoint which was pretty good as well:

I've always had a plan with the DiD Campaign that if I were to ever get shot down behind enemy lines I'd try to continue my story using screenshots from Operation Flashpoint WW1. :biggrin:

I just wish they'd make an up to date version of the mod for ArmA 2 (the sequel to the sequel to Operation Flashpoint - less said about the 'other' Operation Flashpoint the better!) as well as an update to the Napoleonic War mod - for some Sharpe-age!

Edited by MikeDixonUK

There's also The Great War mod, a total conversion for Napoleon Total War. I've played plenty of quick battles with this mod and it's fantastic fun.

I tried that Shiloh..but I couldn't get it to run properly...might have another look

I haven't played in 8 months or more Widow but it's quite destructive and the battles go pretty quick due to the relentless artillery barrages and the higher-rate of fire with infantry. You must have perused the twcenter.net forums?

Edited by Shiloh

Yes indeed!...Khartoum Mod, with the Zulu mod addon is fantastic!..I play it all the time!

Wow - I played the Zulu mod before and had a blast! Just now I re-downloaded Empire and I'm about to install the American Civil War (ACW) mod - fantastic if you're into that era. They are currently working on the same mod to work on the NTW engine which will be even better I believe on the more stable engine. I have a YouTube page dedicated to Total War commentary with about 50 videos on it if you ever get bored.

I just wish they'd make an up to date version of the mod for ArmA 2 (the sequel to the sequel to Operation Flashpoint - less said about the 'other' Operation Flashpoint the better!) as well as an update to the Napoleonic War mod - for some Sharpe-age!

It's not from the same modder, but a group of modders is making one WWI mod for ArmA2:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117126

No, No and No. The ground has Dirt and Mud and Nasty things crawling around.:good::rofl: