Kevin i`ve downloaded your corsair and i really like it, at such a point that i kindly request the attached image, for your consideration so maybe you can do another skin including the logo, i already made the FAS logo if you want it, i`m attaching it, i think it was used after the war, but all of the color versions used it, so, i`m just giving it a shot.

TIA

Glad you like it!!

I can add that as a decal to the fueselage, with not too much problems. doing the light gray/white skin also should not be too terribly difficult.

The nose scallop, however...... it has some odd mapping issues.

What year did the FAS start using this scheme, as I can turn it on via a textureset.ini edit

------

on a side note, there's not too much of El Salvador on the map, BUT... the important eastern border is. Santa Rosa de Lima (and the airport), La Union & seaport so the ground attack route to Nacome & Choluteca should work ok. Was even thinking of adding a GA route towards Tegucigalpa, to simulate the Hondurar capitol being threatened (yes, I do my research!!!) Figure a n/s line from SRdL to LU, with a 5 tile buffer to the west to that little river. Should give enough 'flying room'

The other nightmare will be to retemplate TK's Mustang for the FAS camo -- I'm gonna cheat and just to a VN-SEA style 2-tone (light green/brown), following the IDF tan/blue pattern. Still QUITE a ways in the future....what with all the other stuff I'm doing.

W

Well my info it`s not the most accurate , you can see the pics below mainly saying the logo was used in the mid sixties, but some other are showing very weathered almos to the scrap point examples with the logo, so it can be applied to any variant, and if you think the mustang camo is hard, check that one too :D you have some color variety there, doncha think? last, the white scheme was, based on some sources, an acrobatic team, but the logo was used in all variants.

I saw some shots of the 'splintered splinter' ... wasn't EVEN gonna try that!! :rofl: Although....... the top/bottom mapping of the template is pretty easy to figure out. It's the left/right fues sides that need work

those are great color shots, btw! thanks!

I'll post some screenies later ... having a 'issue' with the anti-glare panel on the front upper deck .. it ain't showing!

ok this is the best I can do with AG panel. Like I said, there's some mapping issues. <sigh> If we had a TMF -1A/-1D I do it almost perfect....I'm a bit more familiar with that mapping (and it's MUCH better) from doing all the 4/4B skins for KAW

had to redo your decal, as it wasn't 'square'.

you could title this shot "Just Visiting" ...

flying over Lake Nicaragua, with Sandino Int'l, Managua and Lake Managua in the background (first real identified shots from the Central America terrain)

Edited by Wrench

looking real good Kevin, sorry, since i have not much knowledge of decaling, i save as round (i had it square.... remains of scale modeling... you know...) the terrain is looking real good to various scenarios, like some border clashes between Honduras and Nicaragua, using F-5, Mi-8 and 24`s unfortunately, those are not target rich areas, but since this is a game, WTH, you can place them there and who cares :grin: , thanks man, the white skin looks good, and if you are releasing it it will be great, i will try to create the different serial number shapes so maybe they can be applied too.

Edited by FLOGGER23