Sign in to follow this  

SBD-5 Atlantic 1944 Scheme

In 1944 the SBD-5s used in Marine Scout units in the Caribbean. This is my first skin, originally done in Gimp. 2.6.8. If you want to make any enhancements let me know and I could send you the original .xcf file

Bitchin, hella wicked, and thanks!

I have been sniveling for this skin for ages.

This Marine Corps squadron flew SBDs out of the US Virgin Islands performing ASW patrols.

:clapping::good: CL

Yep, I have a mission using the Pacific Islands Map, where a flight responds to a call from a PBY. There is a Nazi "raider" (cargo ship, or even better a trawler because they have guns) that is a disguised U-boat tender. Its caught imn the act of tending 3 U-boats. The SBDs come to the aid of the PBY and later a PB4Y (B-24) joins the party. I'm working on 1941 and 42 skins for the A-24 (USAAF version of SBD) for use in New Guinea and defense of Java "Malaysia Singapore Map".

Awesome. Sounds like a job for A-26s with torps in the sea blue skin I sniveled for from flying legends.

PBJs would be slick if we had them.

CL

Using the same map, I have a pair of SBDs patrolling near a French controlled island (the Colonial Administrators have Vichy French sympathies). They spot another raider (trawler selected blue Axis, if you can ignore the Russian flag) as nestled in a lagoon with two U boats. Its actually a much more difficult mission than the first. Its hard not to get shot down!