Sign in to follow this  
Shiloh

The Millionaires' Unit

The Millionaires' Unit is a feature-length documentary film about a group of elite Yale students who formed an aero club and were among the very first pilots to serve America in combat over the skies of Europe in World War I. Using all the resources of their privileged backgrounds, they pioneered American aviation while becoming heroes – some making the ultimate sacrifice.

I believe it is currently in development as they are doing screenings on edits. It looks to have real potential and I found out about it through an aerodrome that is just a few hours from my house. They did much of the filming there last fall.

Ah, you mean Cole Palen's Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome - that is very famous around here!

Cole Palen must have been a good man - he flew an Albatros! :salute:

Thanks for the links, Shiloh - will investigate the other now!

I will be going for a visit there over the next month Olham as they have quite an impressive array of crates to see and every Saturday and Sunday they put on quite an airshow from what I hear. If anyone has a chance, check out Cole Palen's story. It's an interesting one and his dedication to preserving original planes for all to see is quite remarkable.

Edited by Shiloh

Remember when you see his Albatros - it is painted like Eduard Ritter von Schleich's craft.

Oh, I envy you, Shiloh - perhaps you make some pics?

I will certainly take some photos Olham and post them back here. :salute: