I am making a custom mercenary campaign for myself. My starting yet will be a modified (upgraded) F-105. The thing is. Where do i find all the files so that i can make a custom F-105 with the upgrades i want? The .cat files are massive. Do i have to extract them all or is there a list somewhere of what they contain??

Thank you.

I am making a custom mercenary campaign for myself. My starting yet will be a modified (upgraded) F-105. The thing is. Where do i find all the files so that i can make a custom F-105 with the upgrades i want? The .cat files are massive. Do i have to extract them all or is there a list somewhere of what they contain??

Thank you.

List is attached, but it is a big list.

july2011.zip

List is attached, but it is a big list.

Thank you =)

you can use the TW cat extractor to pull just one file or all in th eparticular CAT. depends on what im doing depends how i attack it. bunch serial nums i pull the whole and elete everything else. data.ini edit i just pull that. outside of not knowing whatis in there i find it quite easy me self.

you can extract the entire cat to a folder, replace what you want replaced and delete anything else for the game to use whats in the cat.

i just extracted every cat to their own folders and moved them to another drive, so they are there when i need them.

in the last 2 patches the cats have been re-organized and cats containing LODs have been encrypted.

Edited by SkateZilla

would i need the lods if i wanna make another variant of a stock aircraft? i haven't really done this before and if you guys know a guide or some forum post please link to it so i can learn :drinks:

Hi, you don't need lods if the aircraft is a variant of a stock one (assuming the obvious, you've got the game with stock ac installed). I've been using modded stock SF2:I F-16 Netz as an F-16A in SF2:E for ages ;) . Just make sure that the aircraft's ini files contains the calls for the stock lods. And I think that you'll have to copy the stock ac textures (or any 3rd party skins created for that ac) to the modded ac folder as well, or it will default to "all black" material with no texture assigned.

I cant figure this out. I have created a new folder with the .inis in it. I renamed the .inis and edited them to start the same as the folder name. Now the problem is that the jet doesnt even come up in the list in single player missions. I cant find it. Any tips?

Edit: Got it to show up. Now to do the updates :cool: Merc campaign. Got an updated second hand F-105D to fight in the year 1990.

Edited by xclusiv8

Thuds in the 90's? wow your mercs gotta lotta money for maintenence!

or are very willing to die for their dollars!

Well i thought if your gonna start at the bottom you better start with something old :ok: This way the jet i choose to upgrade with will give a higher impact in performance and technology. And it makes it more challenging.

Start the campaign with 1 P-51D then :grin:

Start the campaign with 1 P-51D then :grin:

Now that would be something. No way of knowing if sams are comming my way or any missiles. Sure would be a challenge :lol:

Is there a flare dispenser pod somewhere? Like the one the Tornado is using for example. Its part of my upgrade program for the F-105 :salute:

Is there a flare dispenser pod somewhere? Like the one the Tornado is using for example. Its part of my upgrade program for the F-105 :salute:

look at the NF-5 in Gen2 D/L section. i believe its chaff flare pods are weapons and stationed on.

also realistically starting cheap would mean an upgraded Mig-21. but its your world

Edited by daddyairplanes

look at the NF-5 in Gen2 D/L section. i believe its chaff flare pods are weapons and stationed on.

also realistically starting cheap would mean an upgraded Mig-21. but its your world

Reason i picked the F-105 is because i currently am reading the book "when thunder rolled". It got me seriously hooked on the F-105.

Will look into the chaff flare pods. Thank you.

Question: How can i find out what the attachment position should be if i wanna put the dispensers somewhere on the hull?

Edited by xclusiv8

as the old advice goes... find a position of something known like the tailplane, and work your way from there. anymore specific advice and i shall refer you to the KB!

and remember DA takes tips in the form of screenies of finished products! :grin: