Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Bye bye Last Operational F-104

Today I went to Belgium Kleine Brogel AB.

To see the last tour of the operational Italien F-104.

He took of in Red Colour with white tail. On the tail a Ferrari horse logo painted.

It was the planenumber 999.

Al the smoke behind him, he turned, flew for the last time over the base. Waved to all people on the base and around. Took his nose up to the sky......and dissapeared.

Good bye, a historic plane is out of duty.

Salute to all F-104'4,

Dutchy

it's sounds nice...

a good way to say good bye

any pics..?

Cheers

A Sad day, but hopefully we will see Starfighters at the show-circuit around the world and in Europe soon.

Hopefully the Starfighter.no-project will get their Two-seater flying one day in the future.

Good news for you ShadowXP if you like a demoteam of F-104. Their is a Starfighter demoteam.

It flew with two bleu and white painted F-104 in the USA. (one and a two seater)

I don't know where you come from, but they do shows.

In 1998 I saw them at Jacksonville Florida airshow.

A couple Vietnam vets are flying those planes.

When I am home (at work now) I put their internetsite on this topic if you want.

But sad is it that the last operational flying Starfighters quit. :sad:

A demoteam isn't the same as a operational plane.

Salute

Dutchy

the link work just fine....

thanks

Thanks, Dutchy, but I already know of that site =) The two 104's they're flying are actually ex-norwegian aircraft =)

Here's a brief history of the two aircraft:

CF104D Two-seater: Came to Norway 14. september 1973 with about 1072.30 hours flight-time, and had some 2623 hours when it was phased out on 9. december 1982. Was housed on Sola Airbase until it passed on to Northern Lights aircraft in late 1980's.

CF104 Single-seater: Came to Norway 19. November 1973 with 1921.30 hours in the air. Was phased out at 6th of December 1982 with 3482.5 hours flying-time. Housed at Sola AFB until about 1994 before being sold to Rick Swetkoff's Starfighter-team.

I don't know which squadron they flew with here, but I'll see if I can find out.

Thanks, though =)