Sign in to follow this  
Soulfreak

Anyone got an Saitek X52?

I´m thinking about to buy a Saitek X52.

Now i would like to know:

is configuring easy?

How is the Hardware itself?

Will it be a good choice for SF2??? :blink:

I used an X52 for about 3 years, and I used an X45 for about 4 years before that. I'm using an X52 pro now. So I obviously like them. :)

Software install is easy, and for configuring, I just use the SF2 keybinding screen.

The only thing I do with the Saitek software is disable the mouse throttle button (so I can assign it in SF2). I also assigned the pinkie-switch to my "Center TrackIR" command.

I've been happy with them. They do have issues...mainly with the rotary dials in my case. Can't beat the price, though.

I use an X52 Pro. The software is very powerful, easily customizable to any key combination and scripting is available too I think.

Plenty of keys.. my only complaint would be the placement of the mode switch. I have a setup for AA, AG, NAV. Still have some overlap between functions..

Thus switching between them with the MODE ROTARY.. Not easy, switch back and forth.

I had bought it from a friend and the Rudder is out of calibration now. It needs a good cleaning inside, so that's possible to fix..

Overall I can recommend this product with confidence.

Edited by PureBlue

I have an X52 pro, and agree with everyone else........it's a great product and yes the software is excellent.

I'm using the X52 pro for 3 years now. One thing I keep hearing is that some people think the stick is quite light in terms of resistance. Personally I quite like a light feeling stick that's not to heavy, but others say it's too light and you can have a tendency to over compensate, especially in pitch. I've even put cable ties around the bottom spring to reduce tension. So it's up to which style you like i guess. Anyway, for the 100 or so GBP I paid for it, great value all round :salute:

As the above have said, I've been using the X52 for about 3 years now. It's recently picked up a bit of a squeak, which I've tried to use gun oil to fix; only silences it for a short span of time, so I might be needing a replacement, but it has always worked fine for SF2.

This is going to sound strange, but try candle-wax. The paraffin coats the stick and reduces squeaking and "sticking". I usually end up doing this every other month or so.

Ich habe den X45 gehabt, den ich an Saitek zurückgesendet hatte mit einem gebrochenem Federteller, der stick war nicht mehr nutzbar. Daraufhin habe ich den X52 von Saitek als Ersatz bekommen. der stick ist klasse jedoch schwächelt dieser in der Ruder bewegung des Sticks. Ich habe ein leichtes Flattern in den Rudern und mit der Zeit wird er immer etwas unpräzieser. Kann sein das die kleine Kamera im stick selbst vllt, verstaubt ist. Der Stick wird optisch kalibiriert.

Mein eigentliches Ziel ist der Warthog, sehr stabil, robust und viele Einstellungsmöglichkeiten. Der Saitek wird dir für Sagen wir ma 3-5 Jahre gute Dienste tun, danach fängt es so langsam an. Mein nächster Stick wir etwas hochwertiges. Trustmaster HOTAS Warthog ;) Kostet mehr und hat einen guten Ruf.

Aber als Fazit: Der X52 ist ein guter günstiger Stick ;)

Sorry that I have wrote it in german ;)

Ok thanks for the discriptions,

will get one.

:cool:

As the above have said, I've been using the X52 for about 3 years now. It's recently picked up a bit of a squeak, which I've tried to use gun oil to fix; only silences it for a short span of time, so I might be needing a replacement, but it has always worked fine for SF2.

If you can get hold of some silicone based lubricant *insert joke here*, from a hardware store, the heavy kind not the spray, that works well and keeps going for about a month or so.