Sign in to follow this  
don246

OK it's been said before.

After updating my computer to Windows 7 64 bit and a Intel 2500k I can now run OFF HITR flat out and what a wonderful sim it is I have had OFF from the very begining but have only just reinstall it on my new PC it would not run smooth on my other computer and what a great time im enjoying the campaign mode the imersion is well you know im preaching to the converted here, looking forward to the next update if it takes ten years to come im not cared as the one I have now is so good.

I know it's all been said before but I just thought I would let the world know how good OFF is.

Ahh the 2500k. I've heard such good things about it. I still have an original i7 and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade to the new i7 2600k or wait for the next generation to come out. I'm running at 3.8Ghz now air cooled with no voltage bump, but I read about people hitting 5Ghz with the new chips, plus they do a fabulous job transcoding video quickly.

Congrats on your new setup and I am glad to hear it makes OFF:BH&H run beautifully for you now.

Hellshade

No worries Don. I don't think we will ever get tired of Offer's positive feedback. To happy times on your new rig :drinks:

Ahh the 2500k. I've heard such good things about it. I still have an original i7 and I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade to the new i7 2600k or wait for the next generation to come out. I'm running at 3.8Ghz now air cooled with no voltage bump, but I read about people hitting 5Ghz with the new chips, plus they do a fabulous job transcoding video quickly.

Congrats on your new setup and I am glad to hear it makes OFF:BH&H run beautifully for you now.

Hellshade

Not wishing to make this a thread about CPU's to any one contemplating the Intel Sandy Bridge (were do they get the names from)CPU for what it's worth this is the 4th PC I built over a long time and the best by a mile I have a 2500k and Asus P8P67 M/B the board comes with the usual install drivers ect and also the Asus AI Suite II programe, the stock CPU runs at 3.3Ghz now one click of the mouse in the AI Suite and 30 seconds later it's running at 4.3Ghz and that is not using the turbo overclock just checked the temps the CPU is running 24c and the M/B at 32c aircooled with after market cooler. I have always liked Asus boards and this one with the above CPU gives the best bang for you money for me.

Edited by don246

I am running OFF on an Intel i5 (2500k) with 3.3 GHz, and it is running fine.

I am running fine on a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black running around 3.2 and my limitation on my PC is now believe it or not my HD!!! apart from that OFF Flies like nothing on earth...

I run it on a Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 at 2.2GHz. So yeah. grin.gif On a clear day I have hit 50 fps, but in a dogfight it's normally about 25-30.

Edited by theultimat