Sign in to follow this  
AntEater

Are there any IIAF (pre revolution Iran) decals for the F-5?

I have found some iranian skins for the F-5, but no pre revolution markings.

Are there any?

Is it just a matter of changing the IRIAF decal to an IIAF one in the skin folder and a rename of the folder and the textureset.ini or is there more to it than that?

If it's just a decal change then have a look in the Iranian F-14A download in the first gen section as I think the decal you need is in there.

Sadly no, the crest in the iranian flag is different (lion and sunrise) and of course the writing on the fuselage reads "imperial iranian air force"

Not "iranian revolutionary air force"

The nations entry works fine.

on the nation entry you may want to change Iran from enemy to friend since the nationlist looks at the world as friends of the US vs enemies. as for the flag use your photoshop program to take an image of the pre revolution flag and edit the decal to want you want.

if you want to be lazy about it take a look at Spinners skin for the TSR as he has pre and post revolution markings for it.

Spinner was lazy too and contended himself with the default markings, it seems.

So either DIY or not at all.

have you looked through the nations.ini, and the various cats for decals??? I'll bet you'll see a 'status change' for Iran somewhere in there. (hint: nation166)

oddly, the F-5A has both sets of decals. YOu'll find an "IIAF" decal in my Iranian Sabre pak