Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

The Albatros C.III is here

I uploaded the Albatros C.III this morning. This is my second 2 seater and includes more user options than my other planes so far. (Sinbad is also working on a skin for this plane.)

My thanks to Ojcar for making the FM, to Nix for making the engine sound, and to Sinbad, Whiteknight06604, and Wrench for help with the details.

Stephen1918

post-67404-0-22606200-1312214298.jpg

post-67404-0-94988500-1312214306.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

Wow - yes! That's a lovely model of a really elegant plane! Off to grab it now! Another gap in the FE

planeset filled nicely!

She's a sweet bird Stephen, thanks for all your work on this!

Hi Stephen...

Thanks mate....excellent work as usual.. I really look forward to your releases as they fill in some of the gaps in F.E.'s now amazing and comprehensive arsenal of Aircraft...

Im very interested especially in Early War Aircraft and was looking through your site recently...Do you think that there might be a possibility (providing you have the time of course!) you could perhaps bring your Excellent Taube, Bleriot XI, Spad A2 or Vickers FB5 to the fold? I was always hoping for one of you talented chaps to produce a Caudron or Voisin machine to compliment my Early War Battles too but unfortunately not so far although im most grateful for what I do have!...

Again congratulations on another lovely Aircaraft and I look forward to your next release with anticipation...

Best wishes...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Scotland

Edited by sockboy

Well if Stephen1918 didn't give me push I'd probably take another month to post the hi rez skins for this wonderful bird.

There's still more to do, but here are a couple of screenies.

post-6006-0-34892000-1312319114.jpgpost-6006-0-11875500-1312319120.jpg

There will be a wood and linen generic, and my version of Edwin Bohme's C.766/16 Dragodile.

post-6006-0-36824100-1312319789.jpg

I've wanted to do that plane since I first saw it years ago. When I finally started to do it, it bothered me that the accepted opinion is that the beasts were black and white. (So says Ray Rimmel in the Datafile.) It just doesn't make sense to me that someone who would do such a fantastic job painting the animals wouldn't want them to be some shade of green. While it might be true that there wasn't green paint available, that was a very common color. Anyway, I ordered a copy of the book of Bohme letters. One of my best reasons/rationales/excuses for the glacial pace of this project is that I am wading through the original German and its been more than a few years since I was even close to understanding that language. If anyone has any hard information regarding the Dragodiles, I'd love to know about it.

Meanwhile, I get it done when it's done, but now it's Happy Hour!

Edited by sinbad

Now, those are going to be really nice skins, down to the maker's labels on the nicely-laminated props. Can't wait!

Professional work as usual!!! My deepest congrats!!! Next step?

I am now nurturing the Dragodiles, and fiddling with a few other bits and pieces.

Any time I try to estimate how long it will take, I find out later how silly I can be . . .

I sent an e-mail to Ray Rimmel and I'm posting elsewhere to try to learn whatever there is to know about the skin tones of the Dragodiles.

Apart from these two supposedly ghosty white critters, every dragon, and every crocodile, I have ever seen was green (or yellow-green).

post-6006-0-55579700-1312383354.jpg

The Bohme book is really fun to read; there's a lot of info there. The first confirmed victory for Bohme was with his observer/gunner Lademacher in an Alb. C.III as they made an attack on the HQ of a Russian General named Brussilov. The plane they shot down was a Nieuport 12, flown as a single seater ( the Russians favored that configuration) by a French ace named Edwards Pulpe, who was on TDY a the Russian front. If you have any info on his plane I'd like to see that as well. I have no photos or drawings. I'll keep reading the Bohme letters though.

I could have paid better attention when I studied German, but that was forty years ago, and it's been nearly ten years since I've been in Germany. That combined with the evaporation of 10,000 brain cells each day slows me down at bit.

If you know anything at all, or know where we might learn more, please send me a note or post here.

Im very interested especially in Early War Aircraft and was looking through your site recently...Do you think that there might be a possibility (providing you have the time of course!) you could perhaps bring your Excellent Taube, Bleriot XI, Spad A2 or Vickers FB5 to the fold? I was always hoping for one of you talented chaps to produce a Caudron or Voisin machine to compliment my Early War Battles too but unfortunately not so far although im most grateful for what I do have!...

Professional work as usual!!! My deepest congrats!!! Next step?

I'm working on the Nieuport 10/12 right now. I hope to have that done by the end of August. Then I think I'd like to do a pusher - a Vickers, Caudron, Farman, or Voisin would all be interesting to build. There are so many good suggestions I wish I could work faster...

Stephen1918

(Yeah, I know the Caudron isn't a pusher, but it has a similar frame structure.)

Edited by Stephen1918

Vickers Gunbus, oh yeah!!!!

Whatever you like! Any plane is a good plane for me (provided there is useful data for the FM)

Hi Stephen...

Thats excellent news mate, that will be brilliant...look forward to any of your releases...

All the best...

Rab (sockboy)

The Vickers or the Voisin are my votes :salute:

I agree with quack,but also remember to get some rest so burnout dosn't ensue...thanks for the hard work so far....

post-6006-0-72266200-1312985424.jpg I vote for the Voisin. It was very widely used (in all theaters), and there were type variations that should permit relatively easy application of the Max files to produce bombers etc.

Meanwhile, I continue to plod along with the Alb C.III skins.

Dragodiles are very persnickety beasts!

post-6006-0-14693300-1312985007.jpg

post-6006-0-80582400-1312985008.jpg

Edited by sinbad

Nice work on the dragons! I also like the "used" look you've given to the metal parts. How soon before we can fly it? :)