Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

How can I design carrier based missions?

Can someone please explain how to create a carrier based mission on SF:V please? I have all packs installed and can design missions for the game, but the Air Bases available are all land bases, no carriers appear on the list.

Can someone help please?

You have to add a carrier as a ground object first (place it on the water, not land ;) ). Then it should appear in the air bases drop down list (it can be named G001 for example).

See if you can get AI-only flights to take off from carriers. Either at the start of a mission (parrallel to your takeoffs, from another carrier) or at a later time in the mission.

I don't think I ever managed to accomplish this...

Edited by PureBlue

Nope, I can't get AI-only flights to take of either. :dntknw:

But the Cv-63 is not a default carrier? Shouldn't it be available as a home base?

Nope, I can't get AI-only flights to take of either. :dntknw:

Has this topic come up at TW forums ? Since with the Mission editor this would be a feature that should work :dntknw:

If not we should list it up as bug for TK.

Has this topic come up at TW forums ? Since with the Mission editor this would be a feature that should work :dntknw:

If not we should list it up as bug for TK.

already pointed some time agoo (very frustrating (as this used to work before tkme, with kme))

he told that is probably :blink: by design

maybe we should make a new thraed about it at TW?

Yes we should. If it's by design, it's an interesting choice :grin:

comprnt was here querying about similar mission design stuff which points us to a few more broken stuff:

1. You could design a flight of 4 and be the number 2 wingmen. Than you'd takeoff with your flight and follow the leader. AFAIK this doesnt work anymore.

2. You can't start at the ramp, and have an AI flight or AI cargo planes taking off from the same base, before you. Other aircraft that have the same start location and start time as you, will just appear at 10k feet above airfield (or worse, don't spawn at all)

Mission Designer is nice but with it these bugs/design changes for introduced..