Sign in to follow this  
lederhosen

Ripping Yarns

Salute

If I may, I would like to continue my Yarns which I started back in RB3d.

Some may of read these over at wings of Valor.

RippingYarns-1.jpg

Looks interesting, Lederhosen . . . what happens next?

Edited by TaillyHo

Ooh, I can't wait for the next installment, L!

For those who have not seen this before, you are in for quite a treat!

Well, at least the public relations are good so far - I'm really curious now! :blink:

I would say that the marketing campaign has been a success.

And now for the yarns?

Love it.

It's a shame that time is a factor and a problem, my greed wants the next chapter please.

I love this forum for the writing, Paul Blum's story, all the reports fromt he front, and now these ripping yarns....just brilliant.

Drinks all 'round :drinks:

Wonderful stuff!...I could almost smell the fuel when the startup was described!...magic! :drinks:

Holy cow...

my first chance to get on the PC for myself...brings tears to your eyes.

First mission..bombing run along the coast. I got pulled into the atmosphere and enjoyed the view from above.

Perfect attack on what seemed to be an aircraft park (3 diff Huns aero-planes present) and you know what???

I forgot to take one friggen pic untill I cleared the lines...Arghhhhh

poo

Led

I have to laugh.

That happens to me all the time, beautiful scenes, vicious fights, perfect moments...all with me just gawking at it and no thought for a screenie at all...until I land the plane and think...Damn.

Still, there is always one more mission.

Fun little tales here Lederhosen. And you might not be aware of it, but your first one is a retelling of an actual incident from WWI, (in McCudden's book if memory serves, though it's been serving with less reliability as time goes on).

Keep on with your efforts Sir.

Well Liam didn't last long..Archie blew him out of the sky.

It would seem easier to do a story about a Squadron than for many individual pilots

So I'll start a again.

CFS32011-09-0413-57-55-23-1.jpg

My name is Arty Brown. As a Sgt.Clerk during the Great War, I ran No.6 RFC, even though a few Majors would

claim that they did. To make things short, this is my story of the splendid men who fought and died fighting to

end the War against the Kaiser.

Just finished rummaging through an old shoe box

Must of been my first day at the office

"A" flights morning patrol down to Neuve Chapel I think

CFS32011-09-0414-14-42-72.jpg

CFS32011-09-0414-00-18-73.jpg

CFS32011-09-0414-12-05-15.jpg

CFS32011-09-0414-14-26-60.jpg

my how they have faded with time

Pilots have a tendency to die easily in OFF. And no restart button like in RB3D! :grin:

my how they have faded with time

Nicely antiqued photos.

Lederhosen, I really like your photos, and the documents as well. And the stories are a good read, but I am finding it a bit confusing, (and it's likely just me). You are mixing your own prose with excerpts from other resources, yes? It seems a bit tricky for the reader to know exactly which is which. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me being thick?

Lederhosen, I really like your photos, and the documents as well. And the stories are a good read, but I am finding it a bit confusing, (and it's likely just me). You are mixing your own prose with excerpts from other resources, yes? It seems a bit tricky for the reader to know exactly which is which. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me being thick?

Salute Lou

Before I fly, lets say for a whole week, I view other websites to gain info on what happened at that time. Then in OFF I try to get a mission that fits into this. I actually had a load of info/maps for Neuve Chapell where you are currently but found that OFF has no Hun opposition for that time period. The earliest Hun shows up at June 1915 thus I start my story to match the push at Givenchy. I read reports and stories from other sources and use it to make the mission a bit more realistic (if possible). I read and then try to imagine a picture or film clip of what could of been seen from the cockpit. It still aint working as good as RB3d days as I am pressed for time.

Led