Sign in to follow this  
gaw

love the new medals....but

I keep seeing overlapping textures and distortion heigthwise on the awards bar.........too much rum perhaps.....keeps the cold at bay but bad for my futurity....virtual and otherwise...thoughts? thanks...gaw

Edited by gaw

I get the same thing, actually. And I don't drink, I hope it's not old age setting in at 42.

Hellshade

Did you guys set the "Graphics Setup" to your full screen resolution?

And did you remember to select 4:3 or 16:10 at the left side in "Workshops"?

ol....think so....I'll go look again and beam back in..........thanks

yeah......1680X1050 all around.....monitor, ATI, and game setting...........any default .bdp type thingie needing to be scotched??.....don't know. Must be working for some....seen some nice pix!

Although I don't think, that the "Field of View" (FOV) would effect your medals,

here are three FOV settings for your resolution. You set FOV in the lower right

of "Workshops". Select also the ratio 16:10 (in the left half) there.

24 : 15

or

26 : 16

or

27 : 17

These will bring your screen's width into relation with the height.

The first line will make you a little more remote from everything; the next two

bring everything closer. You could try them all to see the effect.

Edited by Olham

Small point but if it's regarding a mod, it would be good if you name the mod in the question - there's been a few few questions regarding mod issues and new people may get confused.

fair enough....it's RAF's "All New Medals for OFF P3".....I do have your lovely little FOV tweak in place Ol and perhaps that affects the medals display as well....don't know....I'd assumed it only encompassed cockpit views....no biggie. The original medals work just fine and display perfectly. I've seen pix of RAF's reworked medals and they're lovely..............a restless urge to fiddle with something that works perfectly well leads us all down these paths I suppose. No worries!

I am using RAFs All New Medals for OFF P3 also. I'm running at 1920 x 1200. 16:10 ratio. Not sure what's causing it but no big deal.

Hellshade

Gaw and Hellshade, I wish I knew what to tell you about the distortion you are getting when displaying the new medals. I can not get my own rig to duplicate your results. I assume it has something to do with how your systems are reacting to the new oversized images. They must not be getting properly compressed to fit into the allotted space on the pilot's page.

RAF.......no worries. Maybe it's a 16:10....4:3 issue? Dunno....I'm 1680x1050......so who knows where the proportions go astray on this rig/resolution. Love your work though....thanks!

Gaw, with your res you must select 16 : 10 at the left side in "Workshops", and one of these FOV variants below.

(FOV = FIELD OF VIEW; in the lower right half of "Workshops")

They are all correct for your res., only the smaller numbers zoom you more in, and the higher numbers more out;

personally I run 24 : 15; I have the same res.).

24 : 15

26 : 16

27 : 17