Sign in to follow this  
Mizuez

Adv. mode Auto Pilot

Does anyone know what the advanced mode auto pilot does? there are several mode i know of like Alt. hold and Att. hold. plus HDG or STR hold, but there is a green indicator you can click which puts AP into ADV mode and the plane takes to a 15 deg. nose down Attitude. it doesnt seam to be to advanced, but im not sure what its doing.

Never used it - but its all in the manual

pg300 modes:

3 axis - most realistic - keeps jet flying straight and level

steerpoint - above + will fly to steerpoints automatically

combat - Above + engages in combat and fights for you.

What you are after is on the chart on Pg323 - i think those pit buttons only relate to 3 axis mode.

Thats the autopilot settings in the game settings and i understand how those work. im using 100% realistic settings. while in flight there is a clickable button that activates AVD mode on the AP that makes the plane take a steep dive. Im tyring to upload a screen shot of it but Cambat ace wont let me at this time. the button is just above the AP switches.

Would be good to see an SS to clarify the pit you are using

I'm trying to get a Screen shot uploaded but for what ever reason its not letting me. I'm using the stock cockpit that comes with AF.

I have a full description in the Block 50 -1 - but its full of unfamiliar acronyms.

Looking at it - its a dual function switch that has something to do with Autopilot and Terrain following Radar - and ADV might be actually be ADVisory.

If the ACTIVE green light is on it signifies that ATF(Auto Terrain Following???) is selected if TFR(Terrain Following Radar??) is in operate mode.

STBY illuminates when ATF/Autopilot blended mode is in use. STBY indicates that ATF is ready to take over if the paddle (??) switch is released or if higher terrain requires it.

probably one for F-16.net if you are interested - dont think this sim implements it though.

Sounds like a good explanation to me. i guess ill have to do so playing around with it and the terrain following mode and see if that is what it does. Thanks.

Greetings,

That button is the AMS switch. It turns the TFR from auto to manual and from manual to auto. If you have engaged attitude auto pilot and press it, it turns to blended mode.....but unfortunately these features don't work in falcon. There is also some extra symbolology for the hud when TFR is on.