Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeachAV8R

How do I make my T-45 SEAD capable?

Guest BeachAV8R

So my T-45 needs to teeth to demonstrate a SEAD mission. I managed to figure out how to get Shrike missiles onto the fuselage..although when I pitted myself against an SA-8 Gecko the missiles don't appear to track toward the emitter. I hear a RWR tone beeping when the missiles launch on me..is there a trick to getting the Shrike to guide?

I also realize that I don't have flares/chaff. When I hit the keys it says 0 chaff / 0 flares remaining. So I started searching through the knowledge base and thought I had actually found the answer in THIS thread:

EDIT - I figured it out! I had to rename CMStation to ChaffDispenser1 or 2... Yay!

You don't need to create weapons stations to have flare and chaff dispensers. Just make entries in Fuselage section of data ini. Entries would look like this:

SystemName[018]=CMStation1

SystemName[019]=CMStation2

Then add specific dispenser info at end of weapons section:

[ChaffDispenser]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition=-1.00,1.00,0.50

EjectVelocity=-5.00,0.00,10.00

NumChaff=40

NumFlare=40

So I added those lines to my T-45 data.ini file and fired up the sim and found out I still wasn't getting flares or chaff.. :suicide2:

Sorry I keep asking questions but I do spend time in the Knowledge Base threads and spend a lot of time messing with the .ini files but still can't get the desired results.. :doh:

Thanks for any guidance on this one (er..two..)

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R

frist off, why would you want to fly SEAD without a RWR display??? (that's kinda dangerous, as you won't have the direcionality of the emmitter) True, the stock 100D dosen't have one ...

I'd put the Shirkes on the OUTboard stations, iirc, there's a bit more room

May I humbly suggest the TA-4J??? Albeit not quite ready to go (still working out a few small things, and the model has shadow issues =tractorbeams= from the outer pylons), but with the late E_65 pit it has a nice vector display RWR

Guest BeachAV8R

LOL..Hey, I'm game for the TA-4J..!

I did manage to get the Shrike to hit something when I put down an Fan Song radar. I tried to put SA-2 launchers around it, but apparently they don't talk to each other (another foray into the knowledge base!)...

Thanks!

BeachAV8R

stock SAMs, and most of the aftermakets (if I've tweeked them) are already networked to their proper missile and EW radars

Fixing the Goshawk was easy.... did you add ARM to the outboard station callouts, and the proper systemnames in teh Fuselage section for the dispenser? (eject position needs fixing) And edit the loadout ini to add Shrikes to the stations 3 & 4?

If you want, I'll send you the tweeked data nd loadout inis. (took me more time waiting the terrain to load than the edit the inis)

remember -- shrikes/harms ONLY go for radar emmitters -- the launchers themselves, and the AD guns surrounding have to be hit with rockets, bombs (CBUs are prefferable)

Edited by Wrench

seriously brother!!! BIG BRASS ONES!!!

Guest BeachAV8R

I did get the Shrikes working properly and, like you, I put them on the outboard rails. I also did get the flares/chaff working..although they do emanate from sort of a mid-fuselage area..but nobody is looking that closely.. :salute:

So when you say "stock SAMs are already networked to their proper missile and EW radars"..does that mean if I want an SA-2 site all I have to do is put the proper radar and the missile erectors around it and they will work? I guess I need to research what radar goes with what missile though..

A-4 and T-45 for SEAD, huh? Ballsy...

Well..it is "training" SEAD.. So very light weight SEAD. Maybe a couple launchers and a single radar. :hunter:

Guest BeachAV8R

harm1.jpg

harm2.jpg

:drinks:

So when you say "stock SAMs are already networked to their proper missile and EW radars"..does that mean if I want an SA-2 site all I have to do is put the proper radar and the missile erectors around it and they will work?

with luck, yes. there's still a (to ME!) major bug with 'mix and match' on both Red and Blue SAMs (ie: Rapier radars on a HAWK site, SquarePair -SA5- at a Goa -SA3- site). And there's the 'operation years' thing too...

TKs Guideline and Gainful (2 & 6) have the network type already added in; I know I've uploaded all the SA3 stuff somewhere ... most likely in a terrain package. I know my 5s -Gammon- (by FastCargo) are all networked

Caveat: when calling out directly in the _targets ini a specific type of SAM, SAML, and EWradar, sometimes they may not show properly on the TEWS display. OTH, with a vector type, this is not a real problem, as it only shows lines. If using the 'generic' callouts, it's very possible probable to get something you won't like (ie: nasty, deadly with pointed fangs dripping high explosive venom)

things like the Barlock (EWR) are, in real life ™ used by 2 and 3, along with Sidenet (3). We've spent a LOT of time trying to straighten that mess out!

edit: to make matters worse, there's the FireCan gun radar, and THOSE AAA guns networked to that (KS-12/19/60

Edited by Wrench

And whats wrong with A-4's for SEAD I generally go downtown Hanoi with one with eburger and co's modded Vietnam... and damn if it aint fun SAM's coming Mig's coming down and enough gunfire to walk home on... what more can a SEAD Junkie ask for ???

Was good enough for the US Navy...

Edited by Slartibartfast

Guest BeachAV8R

I see the TA-4J made it into the File area..!

HERE!

Awesome work.. I can see I'll be using that in the very near future..! I do have to get in a couple more flights with the T-45 though since you worked so hard on that one too! :good:

Edited by BeachAV8R