Sign in to follow this  
Parky

OT: 75 Year Old Woman Pilot

Parky, that is great little find !

That must have cost some 10.000 Dollars again, to start the interceptors.

I just imagine, how the fighter pilots are nervously waving like mad, and Myrtle Rose is friendly waving back.

Mmuahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!

It's a nervous, crazy world we live in - great to sometimes see relaxed people like Mrs. Rose.

And her cute little Teddy Bear with the bomber jacket!

:good:

Teddy Bear flying solo:

Edited by Olham

Sigh....

While I admire her dedication to flying...what she did was irresponsible.

Until someone gets eyes on the target, NOBODY knows who or what the target is. I've been in busy ass airspace with a TFR in place when some yahoo who isn't talking to ANYONE, wanders into it and ends up causing a massive jam on the radios while ATC tries to get them to A) leave and B) talk to someone!

In this day and age, there is no way that should happen...pilots have resources available everywhere. At the FBO, a toll free phone number, the internet and a radio (which she didn't turn on...WTF).

Like the man said...if 2 F-16s are parked within 500 feet off your wing...they ain't there to admire your paint job.

These kind of incidents, especially those showing blatent disregard of knowing what the hell is going on, can result in permanent removal of your license to fly. I'm sorry, but I love flying enough to not give the FAA additional opportunities to ground me.

FC

Slightly OT, but why did they scramble F 16's, not F-15's?

Am a reading too much into it? I know F 16 is a fine aircraft, and might have been closer, but I thought the F15 was the primary interceptor.

Sigh....

While I admire her dedication to flying...what she did was irresponsible.

Until someone gets eyes on the target, NOBODY knows who or what the target is. I've been in busy ass airspace with a TFR in place when some yahoo who isn't talking to ANYONE, wanders into it and ends up causing a massive jam on the radios while ATC tries to get them to A) leave and B) talk to someone!

In this day and age, there is no way that should happen...pilots have resources available everywhere. At the FBO, a toll free phone number, the internet and a radio (which she didn't turn on...WTF).

Like the man said...if 2 F-16s are parked within 500 feet off your wing...they ain't there to admire your paint job.

These kind of incidents, especially those showing blatent disregard of knowing what the hell is going on, can result in permanent removal of your license to fly. I'm sorry, but I love flying enough to not give the FAA additional opportunities to ground me.

FC

FC, I agree with you 100%.

Crazy woman 2 armed locked and loaded F-16's popup and are looking you over its definitely a good time to turn the Radio on... checking out her Cub FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS... thats a good way to get a winder up your Kazoo... and she's allowed to Fly god help us when she's driving... :blink:

Hmmmm,

Safe to assume that nobody except my friend Olham thought the teddy bear was all that cute then?? As Slartibartfast has so succinctly pointed out, Myrtle and her bear could have wound up eating a sidewinder.

The seriousness of the incident didn't escape me at all actually, and it was one of the reasons I felt the article was worth sharing.

I do love your clip though, Olham. I've always been a big sucker for teddy bears in general. Long live Winnie The Pooh.....and Rupert!!!

Cheers,

Parky

I still have to laugh - sorry, guys!