Sign in to follow this  

Those of you looking for any insky stuff on this site will not find it. Since the evidence was brought forth of numerous reverse engineering of files we had to longer host their stuff. Also one member went to their site and now contracted a virus that totally shut down his ability to play SF2. It targeted his SF.exe and made it impossible for him to start a mission.

So now you know the story. So those of you who want all that pirated stuff and have little moral fiber by all means go get their stuff.....you will get what you deserve. And dont come here crying about it....I am no mood to hear it....

end of line....

I confısed Dave they done convert or something like this?

And a question, convert an illegal job?

Depends on the source. There are some models around, that where converted from other file formats (The RF-84F i brought to SF1 was a sourcefile from Alphasim for MS CFS2). It´s pretty simple. If you have the permission of the original model creator to use his work, everything is fine. Now as i read this, they had simply stolen stuff from here. It doesn´t matter how they did it, but they had not the permission to use such files and that´s the illegal point. Even not to let the moral aspect aside. Here are many guys, poured hundreds of hours into a mod and then someone comes over, grabs it and puts his stamp on it. I bet you wouldn´t feel good also! :grin:

If you have permission it should be OK. The problem here is people took someone else's work and claimed it as their own. Not cool. Reminds of that guy who ripped our models for Civ3.

That's very sad that anyone would try such dishonest practices....We certainly don't need any thieves around here, it's good they're gone. Besides, sooner or later one of our gifted modders will bring us Su-34 or 39, no doubt. Hmmpf, if Inthievesky are capable of ripping other's 3d models, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd pirated an Ikea store. Wait, they've already done it!

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/china-fake-apple-store-copycat-ikea-kunming-shanzhai

:grin:

I converting some planes of HAWX's open source...

İts not illegal source then?

Like Julhelm said, if you have Permission! The possibility to use something, doesn´t mean you are allowed to! Just ask the creator. Most guys of Freeware stuff are kindly to let you play around for other games.

Julhelm, same came to my mind also! But perfect example! Would he had asked, i bet he would have gotten almost (if not even really) all models.

Edited by AmokFloo

It wasn't just 3dparty models, but TKs as well

I should keep my mouth shut but I see work of questionable source on here from time to time. Lets put it this way, if I poured hours and hours into something, I usually recognize it in an instant. So why try and hide it? I've confronted a few and it usually gets squashed but there have been/are others that still flaunt the fruits of my and others' labor. My favorite was someone who used a few of my textures and then claimed they just "sampled" it. WTF? This isn't a 3 second beat for a rap song.

I guess what I'm trying to say is develop your own skills and do the work. Otherwise, ask nicely BEFORE you upload "your" files. If the answer is no, then accept the answer and move on.

Its a question of good taste that you ask. And its a question of good taste to give credit the people of the mods you has used for your mods.

Of course it is pity that the planes of insky are gone, but Dave is right to ban them. If it is stolen, then ...

what exactly happened?

who used who's stuff?

Can I get some details so I know who to avoid on other sites, as I am active on about 5 boards for SF2. And help people with converting files.

PM it to me if you dont want to to be public knowledge..

Edited by SkateZilla

No I am not giving out details. Its site business. What you do with the information is your business. They are f***ing pirates that make 05 from YAP look like a saint......(benard)

All of my models are on my hard drive or cds from start of model to finish and are in various forms of completion,my p47 for example,ive probably got 10 maxfiles of it from day one.?...ive once or twice inwittingly used a texture that wasnt clearly marked by a name(to me anyways) and when ive been informed by creator that I cant use it ,ive apologised,and pulled the item,one example was a pilot bmp of diegos ,which I promptly deleted when he told me he wasnt happy(fair comment diego).I can prove ALL my models are mine.

And totally agree on people who blatantly "hack" someones work and name as their own,should be exiled.

Guest Pfunk

I was afraid of this. This is why I use only stock target objects and also why I created my own buildings and trees in the Black Sea terrain.

I have no doubt CA_Stary probably would give me permission to use his GermanyCE tileset if I asked him politely and credited him for his work.

I'll be damned if I'll ask him, though. If someone wants to mod my Black Sea terrain to use Stary's stuff after the fact, that's cool, but am I going to do it? Hell, no.

But see P that is where you have gotten this all wrong.

http://combatace.com/topic/55729-freeware-licensing/

He wouldn't care. You are using his stuff NOT reverse engineering it. That is two complete different things altogether. If we were go the route you go then one would do anything for this sim. We know who are the honest and dsihonest ones around here.

Surely Pfunk, even the core ini files I made to create the TOD files, IF you'd want them just PM me.

I'm pretty sure what you are cooking now for version 2 will be much better thou

Guest Pfunk

I really kind of doubt that, Stary, but thanks. You're an excellent tutor. That you would offer the .ini files used to make the .TODs speaks volumes.

David, it's the principle of the thing. One, it's Stary's stuff. You know me, I'm a good ol' boy-Texan and we don't borrow stuff unless it's serious. This ain't serious. I'll hold the offer to use someone else's stuff when and if I really need it.

The other thing is...hell, I need the practice! How am I going to get any experience if I don't push it a little?

After my run in with an idiot wanting me to give him SF2's addon's I say right on if they are stealing other peoples work and then claiming it as their own... they should be banned...

The other thing is...hell, I need the practice! How am I going to get any experience if I don't push it a little?

I would rather punch my own balls then use the terrain editor....just sayin...... :lol:

Guest Pfunk

I would rather punch my own balls then use the terrain editor....just sayin...... :lol:

It is a bit of a pain in the ass, isn't it?

Let this here serve as a warnin' to all ye pirates who might consider venturin' on to this here site...well spoken, Dave, descendant of Lt. Maynard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maynard

Blackbeard_head_bow.gif

Edited by Fubar512

Speaking as a terrain modder, using voluntarily contributed stuff is just part of the fun and sharing.

A single mod of a truck, trailer or lamp post would be installed by few users, but when you include it in the terrain, it becomes part of that world.

So this makes the terrain mod a community thing not just a single man's hobby :good:

That's Capt Maynard to you....

Did we give up when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

bulushisamari.jpg

Guest Pfunk

"Germans?"

"Forget it, he's rolling."