Sign in to follow this  
Caesar

Back Up Your Stuff!

Just a friendly reminder that if you haven't done so recently to back up your stuff! Just did so here prior to performing a computer upgrade; put the whole mod folder onto a single BD-RE prior to upgrading the rest of the machine. Don't let data loss happen to you!

Yeah, was going to do that, and accidentally deleted EVERYTHING the other day. Now I am missing files that I used to have but can no longer find on here.....

Guest BeachAV8R

Is is possible to make a back up of your SF2 install by just copying the entire directory to another drive? Or does it have its tendrils spread wide and far though the OS?

It has it's tendrils spread wide. Follow Ceasar's advice and backup your mod folder, as that's where all the goodies are anyways...

My PC burned out last month. Gladly i just backed up 3 days earlier, so really nothing was lost! :good:

So guys, take yourself that little piece of time and do yourself a favor and BACK UP YOUR STUFF! :cool:

I backed mine up today....HAVE YOU!!!!!?????????

I lost my hard drive on my old computer a few days ago, just when I was starting to get a new build up and running.

But I had my backups, my backups of my backups, and my backups of my backups of my backups, my...

I always have single drive only, with multiple partitions, so a hard drive loss means EVERYTHING is lost, Windows, games, data, documents, the whole smash.

But, I had everything I needed backed up. And, from now on, I'll use one drive for Windows, another drive for other things. And that can be faster as well. I installed Windows in AHCI mode now, was using IDE mode before. Man it is faster!!