Sign in to follow this  
Lt. James Cater

Yahoo Account Hacked...

Something i just realized.

this morning i tried signing in to my E-mail but had no joy. Figuring it was a minor hangup i went about getting set for work. Well i get home and after a while decide to check my E-mail. As it turns out, not only does my password no longer work, but the security question has been changed as well.

Yahoo has all kinds of support but the catch is that you have to sign in to get help, something that i cannot do. Anyone have any ideas?

Personally, i hope to find a way to get back into my account, copy important stuff to an external HD, then shut down the account and go to G-mail, which i've heard is more secure.

Until then i'm cut off from any kind of commo from friends and family since i don't have a phone and i can't remember all their e-mail adresses.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Something i just realized.

this morning i tried signing in to my E-mail but had no joy. Figuring it was a minor hangup i wnet about getting set for work. well i get home and after a while decide to check my E-mail. As it turns out, not only does my password no longer work, but the security question has been changed as well.

Yahoo has all kinds of support but the cath is that you have to sign in to get help, something that i cannot do. Anyone have any ideas?

Personally, i hope to find a way to get back into my account, copy important stuff to an external HD, then shut down the account and go to G-mail, which i've heard is more secure.

Until then i'm cut off from any kind of commo from freinds and family since i don't have a phone and i can't remember all their e-mail adresses.

All i can think about is talking to the people in Yahoo by other means, however, as this is unlikely to work out, they might not have that kind of service properly in order, so you better try to rebuild from what you have, and warn your contacts ASAP that you old account has been hacked.

you might try making another account, contact yahoo and explain it to them. I would also suggest trying GMX mail. I really like it.

Yeah, looks one of mine was hacked also. Good thing it's just my BS email that I give out instead of my main email. I do not keep any money account numbers or anything of real importance on it.

Nice security Yahoo.

try to re-hack it! its the only way to have it back