Sign in to follow this  
Vambrace

3D rocket exhaust effect not working anymore

Ever since the may 2011 patch, I cannot see the missile effect that Lexx_Luthor had made.

http://combatace.com/files/file/5998-update-v111-siberian-sky-experimental-3-d-rocket-exhaust/

anyone here used this on SF2 and had it working on post-may patch, cause I cannot figure out a way to make it work again?

I appreciate any advice given. This is a great missile effect mod and needs to be upgraded to SF2 standards.

and needs to be upgraded to SF2 standards

you answered your own question

do they have to correct shader statements in their effects inis??? If not, some editing will be required

Edited by Wrench

These were made back in SF-1, and time is outpacing this. These effects NEED to be totally redone anyways, even for SF-1, cuz I learned a lot of things since I made these effects.

Vamb, I don't have SF-2 running now, and won't again for some time, so you are on your own.

**Free Tip** :: Study the ini files and talk to some of the SF-2 guys and gals old timers/timerettes.

I was in the process of setting up new computer, got it up and running initially with DOS 6.22, and my old computer's hard drive died...just...died right in front of me. Happily, unlike everybody else here at CombatAce, I listen to Dave and everything is BACKED UP...except my SF-2 install. :salute: But I wasn't using it anyways and I didn't do much with it yet. I do have the Thudwire SF-2 installer backed up, and I considered that my SF-2 backup (I didn't do much of anything at all with SF-2 yet.) If I do move into SF-2, I'll probably redo these 3D effects. Until then Vamb you are on your own.

@wrench- The main problem i'm having is that the effects are no longer visible after I applied the may-2011 patch.

I'm just wondering if it had something to do with the effect changes TK said he'd made with these new patches because the effects work perfectly at pre-may 2011 levels.

@lexx_luthor- I understand your issue. maybe dave and wrench have some advice on how to edit the files.

Yep all those great effects are gone after the patches :mad:

dont get me wrong I luv TK and this game he seems to be happy with the mods we make.....BUT!!!! everytime a new patch comes out it always F@#Ks up something we did.

@lexx_luthor- I understand your issue. maybe dave and wrench have some advice on how to edit the files.

There's an entire thread on this in the SF2 knowledge base.

thx for the advice fubar.

do you have any input regarding the issue with the effect changes?

thx for the advice fubar.

do you have any input regarding the issue with the effect changes?

IIRC, the thread tells which shader.fx file to associate with a given effect type (fire, smoke, explosion, etc.)