Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

OT: HURRY! Your Chance to Own a Piece of MvR's Red DR1!

I post this eBay listing only because I find it funny how often these pieces of fabric pop up for sale. At last count there were enough "actual pieces" of MvR's red triplane to cover about six more such kites.

Fabric From MvR's Plane For Sale

At least you'll get an interesting book with this deal. Now then, whoever buys this, I have the actual bullet that killed MvR and I'd be willing to part with it for the right price. Oh, and I have his Blue Max for sale too, (almost forgot about that). :grin:

But wait - that 3 x 5 notecard from Staples clearly states that it's an original and they would never mount the fabric with that much care if it wasn't real - it just has to be!

That is the longest sentence ever and they spelled "souvenirs" wrong. :good:

At least you'll get an interesting book with this deal. Now then, whoever buys this, I have the actual bullet that killed MvR and I'd be willing to part with it for the right price. Oh, and I have his Blue Max for sale too, (almost forgot about that). :grin:

Do you seriously have these????

Ummm...yeah...sure I do Javito...and if you give me an hour or so I'll have full documentation to go along with them. Would you also be interested in Lanoe Hawker's Victoria Cross and mustache scissors, or how about George Guynemer's Legion d'Honneur and suspenders, because I have those around here somewhere too. Now let me think, where did I put all that stuff when I cleaned the place this spring...

Actually Hawker's VC could have turned up, of course, having been looted from the Hawker family's French domicile after they abandoned it following the fall of France in 1940.

For true provenance though Lou, you'd have to re-create the tatty cardboard box that Hawker kept it in.

My proud possession is the cowling from Voss' Triplane - so I know for a fact what colour it is :grin:

Coming soon to a theatre near you ... Barmy OFFers and the Holy Grail (of WWI Aviation Artifacts)

Thrill to the epic saga of one intrepid group's quest for the most highly-prized aviation treasures of the First World War. Wonder in amazement at the discovery of Baron Manfred von Richthofen's DR1, found intact in a barn in Shropshire. Look on in awe at the unearthing of Captain Eddie Rickenbacker's actual pilot log book in which he detailed how he single-handedly brought down the entire German Air Service. Gasp at the finding of Major Billy Bishop's complete ego hiding in plain sight in Kanye West. If you see only one movie this year, make it this one!

this film is not yet rated, though it's already assumed it's intended for less-than-mature audiences

Gasp at the finding of Major Billy Bishop's complete ego hiding in plain sight in Kanye West. If you see only one movie this year, make it this one!

:rofl::heat:

For true provenance though Lou, you'd have to re-create the tatty cardboard box that Hawker kept it in.

Hey! I have a tatty cardboard box! It might be the missing one! What an unbelievable coincidence that would be!

I'll need to stick it on Ebay and see what I can get for it.

Ummm...yeah...sure I do Javito...and if you give me an hour or so I'll have full documentation to go along with them. Would you also be interested in Lanoe Hawker's Victoria Cross and mustache scissors, or how about George Guynemer's Legion d'Honneur and suspenders, because I have those around here somewhere too. Now let me think, where did I put all that stuff when I cleaned the place this spring...

I've got Lafayette Escadrille's mascots, Whiskey and Soda stuffed and sitting by my fireplace. Since they're almost identical, I could be talked into parting with one.

Lion---10--flexible-stuffed-an-5252782.jpg

Brilliant, Lou, brilliant! :good::lol:

and if you order now, we'll throw in a clipping of John Lennons hair that was cut just two hours before he was slain.

Good grief.

Hellshade

Blah! man_in_love.gif

Gasp at the finding of Major Billy Bishop's complete ego hiding in plain sight in Kanye West.

RAFL,

I didn't realise Kanye West was that big. LOL