Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

Changing AI wingman minimum flying height

Is there any way to make your wing man and flight fly as low as you can e.g. nap of the earth? It seems they are programmed somewhere not to go below 1000ft which also happens to be the lowest height you can set a waypoint at. When you try and have them follow you lower or even at 1000 ft they ‘bob’ up and down as the AI tries to follow you then realises it shouldn’t and shoots back up only to repeat the cycle. It makes them very good SAM targets lol. I’m assuming there must be a minimum height setting somewhere in an .ini file that tells the AI to try and stay above a certain height....

Edited by dtmdragon

it used to be in the MissionControl.ini (1stGen). There was this statment (the one shown below may be modified -- its from my only remaning WoE install, heavily modded)

[Altitude]

Normal=3000

Low=500

VeryLow=100

High=5000

VeryHigh=8000

obviously, in meters

Edited by Wrench

Cheers mate. Yours are the same as the stock figures which the 'low' and 'very low' seem way off. I think TK has left them in feet not meters so I converted them to meters which after goggling low level flying and nape of the earth etc seems more realistic. Unfortunately it seems to have no effect lol so maybe it’s something to do with the fight engine???

it used to be in the MissionControl.ini (1stGen). There was this statment (the one shown below may be modified -- its from my only remaning WoE install, heavily modded)

[Altitude]

Normal=3000

Low=500

VeryLow=100

High=5000

VeryHigh=8000

obviously, in meters

Edited by dtmdragon