Sign in to follow this  
Davy TASB

OT.. Luftwaffe destroying London & Birmingham again

...you had got me worried there, Davy! :blink::grin:

From what I have read it seems as though they are doing this in the name of a "nice guy" who was shot dead by police after a policeman was shot... after they had stopped the Cab that he was in. Now call me silly but taking on the police is a bad idea especially if they have guns and they shoot you back, nearly as mad as old Dinnerjacket in Iran. Anyway he was stopped a policeman was shot and then he was shot so they decide feck this and have a riot. Shoot the fecking lot of them... there is a lot more I could say but wont. :drinks:

The UK has been simmering for a few years now.

People are sick and tired at all of the lying cheating, fiddling politicians, the price rises of food, gas electricity etc etc (#ripoffbritain), the running down of the police, armed forces, being cheated out of their pensions etc etc. The list goes on.

Give some of those people the slightest excuse to kick off and they will. There are a lot of angry people in the UK these days

I wouldn't be surprised if this goes nationwide over the next few days.

Edited by Davy TASB

Yes, I know - it was building up to this extent since the Eighties.

And if they don't get a new balance into the world wide finances,

this may even happen in other European countries too.

It's got nothing to do with the politicians, except perhaps those who proffer every possible excuse for bad, uncivilised behaviour on the grounds that the defendant comes from a disadvantaged background and never had access to HD TV until he was eight. And so on.

If it was political, they'd be off to trash the Party headquarters or the Houses of Parliament. As they've decided to trash Dixons and Curry's instead, you can assume that it is exactly what it looks like - the criminal underclass who generally sit swilling Tesco budget lager in car parks, have decided it's time for some new gadgetry about the house. After all, there's a limit to the quantity of electronics and brand-name hoodies and trainers you can buy when you're on handouts.

This is what you get after decades of lefty do-gooders who sob about the injustice of it all - "Poor boy, it isn't your fault you're a foul-mouthed dangerous little sh*t, have another handout and please be nice and stop mugging grannies and pushing drugs" - instead of teaching the bastards to get out of bed, wash, get dressed like normal human beings and above all, GET A FECKING JOB! And there are jobs to be had, even if to begin with it might not be much fun. Why do the Polish come to England by the boatload? And succeed?

The future does not look frightfully rosy, I'm afraid to say.

I would not normaly reply to this type of thread as this is for OFF and not a political forum, so I have just one thing to say if all goverments considered there own people first.

Charity begins at home from the richest nation to the poor one.

Who needs politics? Judge Dredd would sort it out.

The real Judge Dredd though, not Sly Stallone.

To be serious, what do these people actually want? If they had a good cause, by rioting in the streets they alienate every neutral or moderate opinion which might have respected their viewpoint and helped them achieve their goals. These aren't political riots, these are anarchist agitators out to cause trouble and destruction.

If they have something to say, they should all grow up and say it. You don't change course by drilling a hole in the bottom of the boat. :blink:

post-45899-0-32856400-1312884712.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

You don't change course by drilling a hole in the bottom of the boat.

That's a good one, Flyby! :good:

Its really bad the rioting. However, I did hear something funny.

A friend of mine said, 'I wish they would come and riot around here, they would do a million pounds of improvements'.

...as Napoleon once said: "A whiff of grape is good for the mob."

Insurance companies say they are going to pay out, then recover the costs, but not from the rioters, from the Police after they failed to maintain law and order on the streets.

I reckon that puts the parasitic insurance companies on roughly the same moral plane as the rioters.

This is highly immoral indeed - it will insecure the police even more, and I'm afraid

they will react more violently then, which will worsen the whole situation.

The so called "elites" of our countries often only handle things, as if they were mere

merchants and traders in spirit.

Insurance companies say they are going to pay out, then recover the costs, but not from the rioters, from the Police after they failed to maintain law and order on the streets.

I reckon that puts the parasitic insurance companies on roughly the same moral plane as the rioters.

And THAT is exactly what is wrong with our Society today! :drinks:

Looking at pictures of all the burned down buildings, it really does look like something from the days of the Blitz. I don't have much sympathy for people involved in such wanton looting and destruction. If they want to change things in their society, burning down local shops and other buildings is not the way to do it. I don't know if there's anything political behind all the unrest, or if it's just stupid anarchy and nothing more. And OFF forum is not the place for such discussion, in any case.

But it sure looks like you're going to need more policemen and soldiers to make sure nothing goes wrong with the Olympic Games next year.

Seems much the same problem around the world these days. Something(everything) for nothing. So easy to say "I can't work there's no jobs". Many cultures have come to this and it will be the fall I fear. Here in the States when you stand up for individual and governmental finacial responsibility you are called a radical,crazy person on the extreme lunatic fringe. So I said my little bit and will now shut-up. :nono:

There are thousands of jobs, but our priorities are all wrong. As a stonemason, I could find shedloads of work to do, on virtually any stone building, and as for walls, there are miles upon miles of stone walls needing repaired. If I only ever fixed stone chimneys, I need never be out of work in Edinburgh. What's missing is the money to pay for it, or rather the will, and priority attached to getting it done. People will happily splash out £50k on a nice car which they'll want rid off when it doesn't look new, but they won't spend £10k to replace a chimney which has done it's job for 200 years without complaint.

We've changed from a country which could build such properties to a country which can't even pay for their upkeep. No work? Does that mean we've collectively decided to let these buildings fall down? Seems so. We do have a problem, but telling me there's no work just isn't going to wash. Collectivey, we're spending our money on all the wrong things. Correction, we're spending all of somebody elses money on all the wrong things.