Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Smoke as ground object request.

Maybe is a object already done If it is sorry I missed it, but If not please let me request a new "ground object" that can be added trough the FMB, this object should be a smoke column like the ones generated by a smoke grenade/smoke rocket. I have some problems finding the ground troops on the ground while doing resupply missions in the "Provider", adding smoke close enough to the troops (as simulating the troops signaling their position) will simplify the things a lot.

Thanks!

How about adding a secondary weapon to the soldiers and make it a smoke grenade? Basically every time they fire their gun, the smoke goes off also. Limit the time and density to keep frames low. Or does the AI only use one weapon at a time?

I don't know if that would actually work, but worth throwing out there.

Add a section similar to this from a ships data.ini:

[Engine]

SystemType=ENGINE

ExhaustEmitterName=ShipSmoke

ExhaustPosition=18.693,-7.449,32.076

ExhaustEmitterSize=1.5

don't know how to add color, but you could check some of the willy pete effects from gunny's ordanance pack maybe?..

Add a section similar to this from a ships data.ini:

[Engine]

SystemType=ENGINE

ExhaustEmitterName=ShipSmoke

ExhaustPosition=18.693,-7.449,32.076

ExhaustEmitterSize=1.5

don't know how to add color, but you could check some of the willy pete effects from gunny's ordanance pack maybe?..

there is a ground troops with smoke(pop smoke) mod... it was for gen1games I have not been able to make it work in gen 2.

Edited by Icarus999

Ein? I need "simply" a smoke column object that I can place where I need it on the map.

don't the grunts pop smoke in the Vietnam Upgrade paks by eburger??? I seem to remember they did

Lots of emmitter effects, just add one (chimney smoke?) to any tiny object...

Lots of emmitter effects, just add one (chimney smoke?) to any tiny object...

Sounds really promising. Can you please explain a bit more? I really suck at modding?