Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Job starts on Monday

Well, after waiting for my medical results, and security clearance, the day has almost come for me to start work at Newcastle International Airport, as a Security Officer.

8:45am GMT on Monday is my zero hour..for a weeks on the job training.

Having been self employed for seven years, the thought of going back to work for an organisation, is both exciting..and a little scary...I have butterflies already....but I have worked hard to get this far..and the new challenges I will face are exciting!

I'll let you know how I get on....

Wish me luck chaps...I'm going over the top! :salute:

Good luck. :drinks:

And remember to be as rude as possible. That's a sign of true security professionals. :grin:

Lucky you, I'm too late for a change of career now (short of an enforced one!) but would always have loved to work at an airport in about any capacity, nearest I ever got was my now ex-wife being first info desk then cabin crew, always loved any excuse to watch the planes, and once got a cockpit jump-seat ride in a BAC1-11 including final approach and landing at LGW. There's just something about those big birds, however work-a-day they are, prop or jet, military or civilian, the magic of flight and all that.

I think this qualifies to sing "The High Life', here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnReqwF9YAI

The very best of good luck, and watch out for the Hun in the Sun. :drinks:

Edited by 33LIMA

Best of luck Widowmaker, though I am sure you won't be needing it Sir. You'll do just fine. Here's to hoping that you thoroughly enjoy the excitement of the new venture.

:drinks:

Best of luck UKW.

I've been self employed for 12 years. I have to admit I don't miss having a boss to answer to, but there are times I really do miss that steady pay cheque at the end of the week, and somebody else having to do all the worrying.

I sometimes wonder whether such a period of working for myself would make me a better or a worse employee. I expect I'd be much more sympathetic to the process of actually making the money to pay everybody, but at the same time frustrated that I couldn't do things all my own way if the boss was being an a-hole.

I wouldn't say which was better, just self employment is more extreme. The highs are higher which is great, but the lows are lower too. I hope your job works out great, but even if it doesn't, worse case scenario at least you get a chance to re-charge the batteries.

Good luck with the new job, I've worked in my family business ever since I left school so in effect I've been self employed most of my working life! I can't be that good at it as I'm sure that my only full time employee earns more than me but at least it's kept me in work for the last 27 years unlike my wife who's been lucky if she's had the same job for 27 months so at least I've had some job security.

Anyway I hope it all goes well.

My thoughts exactly FlyPC...though I will still be running my Computer thing too...just have to learn to juggle a bit

.Wish me luck chaps...I'm going over the top! :salute:

Good luck indeed, Simon. 'Should be a doddle after being self-employed. I free-lanced as an artist for years. Hated every minute. Hated hustling new clients, hated waiting to get paid, hated having to shoulder the bad planning on clients part as an emergency on my part. You're in the tall clover now!

Salute

Its hard to go back to working for someone else, I know (5 years self employed)

But its also nice to know that one has regular work..and money.

Best of luck.

Led

Outstanding!!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap.......just remember to behave yourself around those X-ray machines.

Cheers,

Parky

Good luck WM.I was self employed for years but spent the last five years of my working as an employee of a large firm.Wonderful way to ease into retirement.

I'm sure you will do an outstanding job Widow - best of luck to you! :grin:

Best of luck Widow! I echo the group by saying it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. I hope the job's enjoyable and who knows, perhaps you'll run across the occasional Snipe along the way? Cheers! :drinks:

I reckon you'll be fine UKW.

I think it could be frustrating to start doing the same job for someone else which you'd been doing for yourself, but a complete change should be a whole different world, with the bonus you have the freedom to cherry pick the best bits of your business for old time sake.

You've got me thinking now......

Best of luck. This may be included in your training, but thought I'd include here it just in case.

Romance Novel—2011 Edition...

He grasped me firmly but gently just above my elbow & guided me into a room, his

room. He quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me from behind,

& spoke in a low, reassuring voice, "Just relax." Without warning he reached

down; I felt his strong hands start at my ankles, moving upward along my calves

slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid,

but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure. When his hands

moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder. My pulse was pounding. I felt

his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my

breasts, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he

brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine. Although I

knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant. This is a man,

I thought, used to taking charge. A man not used to taking `no' for an answer.

A man who would look into my soul and say ...........

"Okay, ma'am, You can board your flight now."

hahahahaha

I'll wait until Ive settled in..and then THATS going up in the Staffroom! :lol:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Apologies Simon, overlooked this thread. May I belatedly add my sincerest wishes for a successful new career... starting Monday. Best of luck, chum.