Sign in to follow this  
Hellfish6

Broke my game - mission editor disappeared?

I installed the otherwise excellent expanded '48 and '56 Israel mods the other day, and at some point I managed to screw up my installation. My mission editor is completely missing now. I redownloaded the Expansion Pack 2 hoping that would fix the problem, but no dice.

It only seems to happen with the StrikeFighters2.exe. The other standalone .exes all pop up with the mission editor as an available function, but are missing the addons, so I'm thinking there is something in the mod folders screwing this up.

Any idea what I could have done or where to look to fix this?

Patch level of all installs? :blink:

Only Games in one install folder will be updated!

Edited by Soulfreak

Any idea what I could have done or where to look to fix this?

Is there a version.ini file present, inside of your SF2 folder? If so, is this line present under "Version": StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE?

Yep.

[Version]

BuildDate=Jul 2011

StrikeFighters2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE

[OnlineNews]

LastUpdateVersion=Jul 2011

LastDLCCount=6

[DLC]

DLCData006=TRUE

I suspect it might have something to do with my SINGLEMISSIONSCREEN.INI. When I looked at it, it was looking for a SINGLEMISSIONSCREEN1.JPG that came with the mod I downloaded and did not have any entry for a mission editor button, so I suspect the mod install may have overwritten the original SINGLEMISSIONSCREEN.INI that had an entry for the mission editor button.

Can someone check their SINGLEMISSIONSCREEN.INI and see if there's an entry for the mission editor button in it, and if so, could you copy and paste that code here (and maybe where in the .ini file it should be)?

Why not simply hide that file, by changing it's name (ie, singlemissionscreen_bad.ini), as an obvious trouble shooting step? That would force the system to use the default one.

And yes, there are entries for the mission editor functions in that default file (which, BTW is located in the menu.cat file).

Heh, renaming it worked. I figured I'd look kinda dumb in the end, but that's for cluing me into the solution. Should'a been able to figure that one out on my own... :)