Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Back to "Puppy Farm" noob status...

After a hiatus, I'm feeling the itch to again visit the skies over Flanders Fields. I am astonished at what I have forgotten. God knows how long it'll take me to get my '1916 Hand' back on the stick. But...today's problem is TrackIR. I've fiddled with every button on the UI and it still doesn't follow my head movements. I've summoned up an old profile (that I named for me. Must have worked once upon a day), the F12 key still centers the cross hairs, but, while turning my head to the left works, turning to the right makes the view go up and down and all wobbly. The camera view (above the three heads) is reading in the lower left quadrant. I've turned off all lights behind me, and moved my chair up, and moved me right and left, but I can't get the little green lights to move. I assume they should be centered. Also, I can't find the proper software title to assign to TrackIR. OFF isn't on the list; neither is CFS3, but, ironically, ROF is. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

I had to try several different TrackIR drivers before I found on that worked best on my PC with my TrackIR 4.

The fact it indicates "New software" on the TIR screen, I'd update that first then update the game list and try. Also make sure your head tracks fine in TIR even without a sim running. If it doesn't you need to move the TIR IR detector further back and try again.

Don't know if this will help you at all. But this is the settings I use ( Trak IR 3 Pro) and it works great. This is the profile I use as well, it has a fairly large dead zone to put up with my figgeting.The pic shows ROF profile but the attachment is the one I use.

post-45938-0-10567400-1313462668.jpg

369_Combat_Flight_min_egen_profil32.zip

Edited by TSmoke

I don't see the three green tags in your screenshot Hauksbee. It looks like it's not getting any input.

Edited by Flyby PC

You are they are visible in your shot above but all in a line which suggests you need to change the angle on the receptor. They are also miles off centre. Make sure if you use the Trackclip Pro thing on your hat that you slide the Head tracker receptor more left on your monitor (3 inches should do it) and make sure your dots are in the middle of the screen and when you move your head you can clearly see the dots (none vanish or form an odd line). Try re aiming the receptor until the dots are near the middle.

As I say also moving it back some will help.

Got it working. Thanks all!

Well...close for a while . The three-reflector part of the clip kept falling out. (plastic fatigue?) So I used a drop of Gorilla Glue to 'pot' it into its holder. Bad idea. That rotation is needed. When I realized that I was never going to get the three dots centered again, I broke down and bought a new clip. Got it today. Now, when the dots are centered, I get great movement-follow as I move my head up and down, and to the right. However; any movement to the left inverts the head in the 3-view (and presumably in the air.) I tried selecting "YAW" and clicking all the 'mirror' and 'invert' boxes, one at a time, both and neither. Nothing changes. Only motion to the left is wonky. Tried 'Default" plus other profiles. I'm running out of boxes to click.

Edited by Hauksbee

Perhaps this video can bring some clearing? Do you have the TrackIR on the left half of your monitor?

Edited by Olham

Perhaps this video can bring some clearing? Do you have the TrackIR on the left half of your monitor?

Thanks Olham. I'm afraid this was all a bit of a false alarm. After looking at the UI one more time, I realized I had selected the older hat-mounted 3-reflector. Once I changed to the Track Clip Pro, my problem was solved. (I love simple solutions, but feel like a jerk for not seeing that in the first place)

I love simple solutions, but feel like a jerk for not seeing that in the first place.

Well, if it comforts you - I sometimes search for my glasses, which I am wearing to see, where I'm searching.

:cool: