Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: World of Planes benchmark test

The makers of World of Planes have released a benchmark so that you can see how well it might run on your current rig. It seems to me that it's a slightly stripped down Wings of Prey engine with the green filter removed. It's slightly cartoony but seems to run very well. I was locked at 60FPS during every run of the benchmark (you can select morning day and evening runs).

You can the benchmark here

http://yuplay.com/story.php?title=World-Planes-DirectX-9-Benchmark-Alpha

Here are a few screenies to see what it looks like so far.

post-46046-0-43395600-1313849590.jpg

post-46046-0-58105500-1313849601.jpg

zowie.....pretty pix. is this solely an on-line game or have single player?

Probably better off with Metal Drift......10 bucks on Steam (If you like piloting a hovercraft with laser cannons and s**t....lol). You'll see my server up there every once in awhile......

It'll be free to play, so it should be fun for a blast now and then. I wouldn't take it too seriously and then you'll be sure to get your money's worth. ha ha

Hellshade

Free?

I like free......because I can always afford it.

:grin:

Actually maybe not on the free part. There's a World of Planes from Gajin and World of Warplanes from someone else. World of Warplanes will be free, as will World of Battleships (Personally I'm waiting for World of Pitchforks). So I'll correct myself and say I'm not sure what the pricing model for World of Planes will be.

Hellshade

mmmmmmmmmmmmm World of Battle Ships ! I Free play World of Tanks every now and then till we get a good Tank Sim. Its Free, Fun, and quick I mean the battle lasts 14 secs to 2 min. Down side, No real inmersion no Skrit Armour for german tanks, no smoke projectors or smoke shells and no Armour cars or Half tracks Additionally, the really cool Tanks Panther, Tiger, PZ III or IV take a long time to get to or takes money. :grin: