Sign in to follow this  
themaverick626

Troubles with windows 7 ultimate

Hi there!

( if there is a tpic alredy on thise , i apologize , i´m kinda new to the forum section of the site )

I recently bought a new pc , old one busted , i salvaged the hard drives and mounted on the new one , hoping for the best regarding my musc files , and games ...

I switched from windows XP , to 7 ultimate ( time to update !) and transferred the files ... and that didn´t work , i got myself an iso [ since i borrowed the original cd to my cousin ] , got that working but with some issues ( was the earliest version of the game, text is barely legible , no addon planes , etc etc ) , and once i run the update to october 2008 , when i try t launch the game , i only get a black scren for a second , and nothing happens

WHY?

has anyone had this type of problem before? what do i do?

Thank you for your time reading

You may need to buy the game.

Go here ~> http://www.thirdwire.com/

Install from CD. Install fresh from the download nowadays. Don't "borrow" CDs out next time, especially not to "family" lolz.

well , i´m not paying twice for a game i already bought ( and cheaper than the original price ), anyway its cheaper to get the cd sent from his city to mine , the downside its that it takes time , and a perfect summer sunday evening not spent blowing out MiGs seems a waste ... secondly , being a game that old , i don´t think it has anti-piracy software , to detect whter i´m usiing a normal cd or an iso installed program to update ...

If the game doesnt work when i get the cd back ..then what? back to square one

Update:

Reading the online store , it says that SF1 wont work on windows 7 nor vista ...then why the hell mine does work without the patches?! , this is madness!!!

Edited by themaverick626

SF1 (pre-Oct08) will work with Windows 7, you just have to disable the shaders.