Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

What flight sim do you fly - Pool over at SimHQ

Hi

There's a "What flight sim do you fly" pool over at SimHQ, you can't vote for OFF unfortunately.

http://simhq.com/for.../3367860/1.html

You can vote on the MS CFS Series and leave a comment regarding OFF though....

:drinks:

Cheers

vonOben

Edited by vonOben

I only fly OFF. :salute:

Edited by Shiloh

Didn't respond, -but I'm not in the huff....

I did get a flash of going all defensive, - OFF is definitely not "A. N. Other" flight sim!!! But it passed momentarily. In fact, if you read a few of the posts, it seems there are quite a few sims missing from the options list, and I'm positive having an "Other" option is just a catch-all option and isn't meant as an insult.

Its just a poll in a forum, but whenever you read a thread about "what sim do you fly?", remember it's just a thread to stimulate some discussion. Most of the time I think the question could also be read "Does anybody know a good flight sim I haven't tried yet?"

Wouldn't do any harm to drop in and say you really enjoy flying OFF, but I'm not SIMHQ registered and already late for work....

Well it's worth making useful comments there if you like OFF, that's what the thread is for and we can sure do with any publicity we can get :)

I tried to comment but I can't register.

The registration screen locks up on me for some reason ...

post-45899-0-01001500-1314036277.jpg

Have just posted on the SimHQ thread to ensure OFF at least gets Mentioned In Despatches. Seriously, selective polls like that are worse than useless but at least we can put in a word for OFF in the thread. So, the rest of you lot, what are you standing there staring at, GET FELL IN!!!

I tried to comment but I can't register.

The registration screen locks up on me for some reason ...

Hi

I've contacted the SimHQ webmaster about the registration problem.

I hope someone can sort it out....

Cheers

vonOben

OFF is NOT in their list??? Ignorants!

After some long proceedure with E-mails, I could log in there now, and I wrote my honest oppinion

about OFF, without getting too wordy (which was most difficult actually).

Perhaps our posts may convince some more people, that OFF is the most "historical meat" you can buy.

More people who fly OFF the better, but on the down side, a lot of people won't buy in to WW1.

Hate to admit it, but once upon a time I was the same. My attitude was "Why would anyone want to exchange bombing along at 400mph clipping hedgerows armed to the teeth in my mean old Mosquito, for some old box kite with a sewing machine for an engine?"

Of course, I know much better now, but back in the beginning, I liked OFF straight away because it was such a good sim, but if I'm honest, it took time for me to warm to the WW1 backdrop.

I think the best way to promote OFF is get more videos made and stuck on YouTube. Once upon a time, I had around 20 movies on youtube, but I noticed the short clips, one to two minutes long were getting 3 or 4 times more hits than better movies which were longer. I had one movie 9 mins long, but it had a slowest turnover of views by far. Bottom line is, if you want lots of hits & activity, keep it short.

It sounds easy, but I found it harder to make a 2 minute movie than a 5 minute one. Sounds daft, but try it. It's very hard to tell any kind of story in less than 2 minutes.

"I think the best way to promote OFF is get more videos made and stuck on YouTube. Once upon a time, I had around 20 movies on youtube, but I noticed the short clips, one to two minutes long were getting 3 or 4 times more hits than better movies which were longer. I had one movie 9 mins long, but it had a slowest turnover of views by far. Bottom line is, if you want lots of hits & activity, keep it short."

This is absolutely spot on.

You can discuss endlessly with other gamers how OFF is the dog's bollocks, but they'll always come back to 'Well, CFS3 looked s**t on my PC, so why should I bother with OFF when ROF exists?". To a degree they have a point: once bitten, twice shy. Brief vids of OFF do the picture-better-than-a-thousand-words thing effortlessly. Once people see that OFF is not CFS3 with some rickity old kites, then selling the dynamic campaign and its profundity is more or less a cinch, because that's what most people actually want.