Can FS DESIGN STUDIO 3.5 for microsoft flight simulator be used to create a plane then can that plane be converted to strike fighters?

The ThirdwireTM LOD exporter is only available for 3ds Max. You can use some other programs to build objects, but you must have someone to import them into 3ds Max and export them to the game needed LOD format. So if that FS Design Studio is able to make a file format, readable from 3ds Max you could use it.

I believe, since in most cases either mapping or animations (in worst case both) stuff gets lost due to the program transfer process, it´s the same amount of work to get such a foreign model into 3ds Max, as to build from scratch.

The Answer is a clear NO. Although it is a great program,and would make creating aircraft even quicker, Abacus did not give it the possibility to export to the files that can be imported to MAX.

I have been on the phone with them many times, pleading. But they have no plans on doing so.

I'm in the camp that FSDS would fit rite in to the SF community, if the big wigs could see eye to eye it would open modeling up to every one, as the program cost is nominal compared to the Max suite. Btw there is a 3rd party proggy that can pull fsds FSC's to dxf witch is easily imported to max but then again you loss the animations and textures

CVA converter

Edited by colmack

From a friend:

With the newer FD Design Studio 3.x you have the ability to save the file in .x format

You then use MoFo's x plugin for 3DS Studio Max and import the file.

Now Animation is lost but you have to make it fit with the ThirdWire games anyway. UVMapping is also lost in some cases, I think they are older source files.