Guest BeachAV8R

Invisible TIALD...?

Guest BeachAV8R

Hmm..stumped again. I've downloaded the Harrier GR-7 for SF2 and it is awesome! I'm having one problem though - getting the TIALD pod to actually show up on the fuselage. It shows in the arming screen, but when I get into the game it isn't present on the left side of the fuselage. It does appear to be functioning though because I get EO imagery on the MFD... I've tried multiple things to try to get it to show up..but I still can't see it.

I searched the archives for TIALD, but most of the references are to SF1 - and the one thread I did find about SF2 said that you don't have to enter any additional entries into the weapons.ini file because SF2 does it automatically now.

tiald1.jpg

Anyway - can anyone verify they get the TIALD to show up on their aircraft?

This is the reference file (GR7): HERE!

Thanks (as usual!).. :salute:

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R

Guest BeachAV8R

I think they are in the right spot:

tiald2.JPG

Check gr7_tiald.INI in weapons folder.

[LOD001]

Filename=gr7_tiald.lod

Distance=100

The actual LOD is named gr7-tiald.lod

BUT, mine is like that too, and it shows alright in game... what's going on??! :blink:

Hmm. I think the game might be defaulting to "name_of_weapon".LOD

Because the [LOD001] callout is definitely wrong...

Also note the loadout has similarly mistyped lines:

should be GR7-LIDS-left

(instead of GR7-LIDS left)

Check gr7_tiald.INI in weapons folder.

[LOD001]

Filename=gr7_tiald.lod

Distance=100

The actual LOD is named gr7-tiald.lod

BUT, mine is like that too, and it shows alright in game... what's going on??! :blink:

The distance value is low too ...

but the main prob is probably some ini snag somewhere ..

Attached is the updated main ini with ShortName added and more lod entries .. which apparently gives better fps

due to auto texture resizing at long distances ... so I heard ...

HarrierGr7.zip

Edited by Crusader

That GR.7 SF2 updat eis quite old, the other stores for it needd updates too..

didstance issues on the tanks and LIDS too, the tank need correct setup to show left and right side tanks, etc..

I post an updated TIALD with better sight picture and fixes for the other things here .. soon..

OK...

delete the AV8_Tank300R from the Weapons folder

Then add the updated files, fixed and tweaked them a bit ...

Let overwrite if promted or delete the other old stuff manually first.

EDIT: outdated attachment deleted

Edited by Crusader

Come on Otto, 51 whole minutes since your first post? What's taking you so long?!?!?!?

:salute:

Guest BeachAV8R

Ah..awesome! Thanks so much for the help guys. With your assistance, I've deleted the old files, installed the new..and I'm in business - TIALD mounted! And the HUD looks great now..and I think the new effects added exhaust smoke that wasn't there before (?)..

tiald3.jpg

:good:

BeachAV8R

Come on Otto, 51 whole minutes since your first post? What's taking you so long?!?!?!?

:salute:

Making sure I dont miss anything :grin: .. but it happens.. :blink::ninja:

@BeachAV8R

Heres another small update for the AV8_Tank300, fixing the shadow for the right-hand tank ...

Also further tweaked the shadow and lod distance values of the other weapons to bring them in line with stock SF2 weapons

Complete set of GR7 weapon files, let overwrite if prompted ...

Re: smoke effect, yes, SF2 series requires new shader entries in the material sections of the effects since ~ beginning 2010

or so, many mods made before that SF2 update are missing the shader entries or the whole material sections (mostly in avionics inis)

~

EDIT: change of name of the attachment

HarrierGR7_Weapons_22Aug2011.zip

Edited by Crusader

Crusader,maybe you can help me out.I d'loaded the GR7 also,but unlike Beach,the tiald doesn't even show in the arming screen,much less on the plane.I d'loaded all the updates you provided Beach and,nothing.Un-installed and re-installed the plane and,still no tiald. Gunpod,Lids,no tiald.Any help would be appreciated.Many thanks in advance.

Crusader,maybe you can help me out.I d'loaded the GR7 also,but unlike Beach,the tiald doesn't even show in the arming screen,much less on the plane.I d'loaded all the updates you provided Beach and,nothing.Un-installed and re-installed the plane and,still no tiald. Gunpod,Lids,no tiald.Any help would be appreciated.Many thanks in advance.

it's available after a certain date. Check the data.ini for the weapon and make sure you are flying after that date.

Edited by PureBlue

PureBlue,Genius! I check Single mission screen, no dates but 1990. Change aircraft start date to 1991. Check single mission screen and Tiald is there. Genius! Start game and...BSOD! WTF? Wait... Options ini. Change mission Start/end dates to 1990/2020 and...sucess!!! Thank you,thank you,thank you. Seriously, thanks for fast and accurate reply and...Good Hunting!

Great Bird! For me its working fine over here! I guess this model has the same problem as it where for SFP1...gunpod is for aestetic porpuses only...no bang!

Anybody knows if the changes in the ini for SFP1 works in Gen 2?

Edited by Piloto