Sign in to follow this  
theultimat

One too many claims

Hello everyone.

Ok, so I have just finished my first mission with my new pilot, in which I shot down two Halberstadt D.IIs. Now, when I got back, I decided to only claim one, as I only accidentally hit the other one with a few shots when he was already going down. I filled in the claim fine, and all was ok until I went into the duty room and saw, much to my surprise, that I had two claims pending. Confused, I checked my Pilot's Dossier and saw that there, too I also had two claims. I exited OFF, and looked around the files. In the Claims file, the number at the top is a 1, which I assume means one claim. Looking in the Dossier file, I saw that under the date lines there was a 2. Comparing this with one of my other pilots, I decided it was probably claims, so I changed it to one, saved, went back ingame, and I still had two claims.

Could someone please help me out?

Cheers.

I may be giving OFF to much credit, never having played it - but maybe the game allows for one of your wingmen seeing you downing the aircraft and filing the claim for you?

If the craft wasn't dead and you finished it off then it's your kill.

So you did have 2 claims there really. Just take it as "fog of war", bonus whatever and move on. Probably not a good idea to edit OFF's files as you may not always get what you wanted :)