Sign in to follow this  
Dave

NATO Fighters 4+ Part 5

NATO Fighters 4+ Part 5

NATO Fighters Update #5 by eburger

This version is for the latest patch versions and lots of "goodies".

You will need NF4+ Parts 1-4 of course to have a complete mod.

-----------------------------------------------
NATO Fighters IV+: Post-Dec2009 Update Pack # 5
-----------------------------------------------

This package contains a fifth update pack for the NATO Fighters IV+ (NF4+) add-on designed for "Strike Fighters 2: Europe" (SF2E) from ThirdWire. It does several things:

1) Adds new aircraft and ground objects

2) Adds new textures to existing aircraft

3) Adds large number of new ground objects

4) Updates or adds over 200 weapons and guns

5) Fixes or updates numerous other files in the
original NF4+ mod

6) Updates items for May2011 & Exp. Pack 2 compatibility

This update pack should be applied to SF2E/NF4+ installations that are patched to the Dec2009 or later patch level and that already have the first four NF4+ update packs applied.

IMPORTANT: If your NF4 installation includes Exp. Pack 2, you must be running at the May2011 patch level or later.

Please note the those running at the May2011 patch level or later will have an additional installation step to add update files for that patch level to their installations. Those running SF2E Expansion Pack 2 will have still another installation step (after installing the May2011 updates).

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Installation
~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEFORE YOU INSTALL

Before installing this update pack, please ensure that:

- your SF2E installation is patched to at least the Dec2009 patch level;
- the original NF4+ add-on is installed;
- the first four update packs (or patches) are applied to your NF4+ installation.

The four original NF4+ installation packages can be obtained from CombatAce:

http://combatace.com...-1-main-folder/
http://combatace.com...objects-folder/
http://combatace.com...craft-folder-1/
http://combatace.com...craft-folder-2/

The first four update packs can also be had at CombatAce:

http://combatace.com...09-patch-level/
http://combatace.com...-update-pack-2/
http://combatace.com...-update-pack-3/
http://combatace.com...-update-pack-4/

The latest patches for Strike Fighters 2 can be downloaded from ThirdWire:

http://thirdwire.com/downloads.htm

INSTALLING THE UPDATE

Installation of this update is simple.

1. Copy the contents of the \1_All_Patch_Levels directory to your SF2E Mod Folder,
overwriting as prompted.

If you are NOT running at the May2011 patch level or later (incl. exp. Pack 2),
then you're finished. If you are running at the May2011 patch level or later,
then proceed to the next step.

2. May2011 Patch Level: if you are running at the May2011 patch level or later, then
copy the contents of the \2_May2011 directory to your SF2E Mod Folder, overwriting
as prompted.

If your NF4+ install does NOT include Exp. Pack 2, then you're finished. If your
NF4+ includes Exp. Pack 2, then you have one more step.

3. Exp. Pack 2 Only: copy the contents of the \3_ExpPack2 directory to your SF2E Mod
Folder, overwriting as prompted.

That's it. You're finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Changes, Fixes, & Additions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Aircraft
- AV-8A Harrier
- Su-17
- Su-17M2
- Su-17M4
- Su-20A
- Su-22
- Su-22M
- Su-22M3
- Su-22M4
- Su-24M
- Tu-22M3

Other New Items
- added 26 new ground objects, including APCs, tanks, trucks,
as well as misc. other items
- added large number of new weapons & tanks, many to support
new aircraft
- added 8 new guns
- added 11 new pilots/seats (most for new aircraft)
- added 28 new sounds (most for new aircraft)

Aircraft Updates (All Patch Levels)
- adjusted shadow data for a number of aircraft
- performed minor tweaks/corrections to F-86K, F-102A, F-104A, F-106A,
MiG-15bis, MiG-29As, Mirage 5BA, Mirage IIIC (TMF), Mirage IIIE (TMF),
Su-27, & Tornado F.3
- tweaked flight models for all F-16As
- overhauled rocket stations/loadouts for F-84F (TMF)
- added new camo texture to F-86K
- updated Javelin w/ Wrench's mods
- added six new textures to Javelin
- overhauled MiG-31 w/ updated avionics & loadouts
- overhauled flight models for Mirage 2000C & Mirage 2000D/N
- added new drop tanks for Mirage 2000C
- overhauled avionics & loadouts for Su-9B, Su-11, Su-15A, Su-15TM
- completely overhauled Su-17M & Su-17M3
- overhauled Su-24
- overhauled Yak-25M & Yak-28B w/ latest updates from Lindr2
- added several new skins to Yak-25M

Misc. Updates (All Patch Levels)
- updated campaigns, incorporating latest updates from ThirdWire
- performed large number of weapons updates/tweaks
- updated a number of Soviet AAA guns, SAMs, and radars
- removed ability to target aircraft from several Soviet tanks
- updated SquadronList.INI to incorporate Aug2011 additions
- updated SoundList.ini to incorporate May2011 changes

May2011 Updates
- updated WP effects w/ Stary's changes
- updated EnvironmentSystem.INI for May2011 using tweaks/changes
from Stary & PanamaRed
- updated B-57B, Hunter 4, Hunter 5, Hunter 6, Hunter 51, Hunter 9,
& MiG-15bis to incorporate May2011 changes (already done for Exp.
Pack 2)
- updated CF-104s, F-104G, & F-104G_82 to incorporate May2011 changes
- incorporated new May2011 skins into CF-104_72, F-4M, F-4M_75, F-84F,
Hunter 4, Hunter 5, Hunter 51, Hunter 6, Hunter 9, & Mystere IVA

Exp. Pack 2 Updates
- updated campaigns, incorporating latest updates from ThirdWire
- incorporated new May2011 skins for Canberra 2, Canberra 6, Canberra 20,
Hunter 1, & Hunter 2

~~~~~~~
Credits
~~~~~~~

As noted above, this update pack adds a number of new items to the NF4+ add-on. These new items are from the following modders, who generously allowed their use:

Wrench ........................................... AV-8A Harrier for SF2
Stary & PanamaRed ................................ updated EnvironmentSystem.INI
Paulopanz ........................................ F-86K updates
Wrench ........................................... Javelin updates & new skins
The Mirage Factory ............................... updated flight models for Mirage 2000C/D/N
Lindr2 ........................................... Su-17, Su-17M2, Su-17M4, Su-20A, Su-22
Su-22M, Su-22M3, Su-22M4
Lindr2 ........................................... updates for Su-17M & Su-17M3
Lindr2 ........................................... Su-24M
Lindr2 ........................................... updates for Su-24
Paulpanz ......................................... Yak-25M updates
Lindr2 ........................................... Yak-28B updates
Pasko ............................................ Euro & Desert SAMS/Vehicles Packs
Abhi ............................................. AN-TQ1 Avenger
Wrench ........................................... M-51 Skysweeper, SA-8/B Mobile SAMs,
US 90mm AA
Ojcar & Kesselbrut ............................... Bofors L70 AA Gun
Kesselbrut/Gerald14 .............................. M3A1
Kesselbrut ....................................... ZiL Family Transport Pack
Crusader ......................................... BM-14-16 Katyuscha Mod
RebelRyder ....................................... BMP-1, BMP-1_AT-3, BRDM-2, BRDM-2_AT,
BRDM-3, ZiS Canvas
Suicidal ......................................... BTR-60, Humvees
Razvan Stanciu & EricJ ........................... BTR-80A
grumpapotamus .................................... Lynx APC
bigal1 ........................................... SCUD Launcher

Credit for the original NF4+ add-on goes to Column 5, Dave (USAFTML) and the rest of the NF4+ team. For a list of all the modders whose work is used in the complete NF4+ add-on, see the original ReadMes included in \OriginalReadmes.

If we have neglected to credit anyone here, please let us know. We will get it fixed ASAP.

--------------------------
eburger68 & Dave (USAFMTL)
22 Aug. 2011

i'm just curious as to why aircraft (in particular the Su-9/11) have been switched BACK to that ineffecent and outdated 'autospeed' controlled canopy, when for the upgrade (availalbe seperatly in the D/L section) I fiddled them into manual animation keyed.

Seems a step backwards, to me

Wrench:

They weren't switched back. The original NF4+ release included no canopy data for the Su-9B (the Su-11 wasn't included at all). In the second update package from Sep. 2010 (almost a year ago), the Su-11 was added and the Su-9 was overhauled. In both cases, data from your "Fishpot Series Cockpit & Ini Upgrade Pak" was used for the canopies:

http://combatace.com...ni-upgrade-pak/

The canopy data for both aircraft is just as you had it in your upgrade pack:

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=30.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=3.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=10.0

MaxDeflection=30.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=0.50

AnimationID=7

//[Canopy]

//SystemType=ARRESTOR_HOOK

//MaxDeflection=80.0

//Retractable=TRUE

//DeployTime=3.0

//ModelNodeName=CockpitFrame

//AnimationID=7

//ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE

If there is another upgrade pack where you did the canopy data differently, then I must have missed it.

Eric Howes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! One of the best packages ever. And now you have included one of my humble mods!!!!!!! Please, for next update: more Yak bombers from Lindr. Much better historically for 1968 campaign than IL-28s (for Soviet forces, other WP forces should be fine with Beagles)

Sweet! Thank you! Guys, could you consider adding some sabres (F-86D and -F?) to '56 campaign in your next update? I think there were at least some USAFE & NATO squadrons still operating late sabres in 1956. It would be so cool to pit sabres against mig-15 and -17 over Europe! Pwetty please! :good:

Sweet! Thank you! Guys, could you consider adding some sabres (F-86D and -F?) to '56 campaign in your next update? I think there were at least some USAFE & NATO squadrons still operating late sabres in 1956. It would be so cool to pit sabres against mig-15 and -17 over Europe! Pwetty please! :good:

Request denied. Please resubmit in 30 days for further disapproval. :lol:

Dave, you're so cruel! Brok Samson could learn from you! :lol:

Wrench:

As noted earlier, I used your "Fishpot Series Cockpit & Ini Upgrade Pak."

I'll take a look at the other one before the next full update or update refresh (whenever that might be).

Eric Howes

Lindr2 ........................................... Su-24M ? :blink:

Veltro2K:

Sorry about that. You are credited with the Su-24 that was added in Update #1 (see the readMe in \OriginalReadMes). When I refresh this package, I'll add you to the credits for the Su-24M as well.

Eric Howes

Good to see that NATO is still supported.

I noted 2 small bugs on Mirage IIIE :

- No sound (the files for sound do not exist in my sound directory at least).

- Left outer and right outer wing positions are "merged" so that we cannot have a Barracuda on left station and Phimat on right station

jeanba:

The Mirage IIIE sound files were shipped in Update #3. Did you install Update #3?

Actually, you still can use a mixed set of pods on the outer wing stations -- they just won't show up properly in the Loadout screen. In fact, several of loadouts for the IIIE currently do use a mixed set of pods -- see the Loadout.ini.

Eric Howes

jeanba:

The Mirage IIIE sound files were shipped in Update #3. Did you install Update #3?

Thank you, I will get them here

Actually, you still can use a mixed set of pods on the outer wing stations -- they just won't show up properly in the Loadout screen. In fact, several of loadouts for the IIIE currently do use a mixed set of pods -- see the Loadout.ini.

Eric Howes

I know the loadout.ini, but sometimes (I think when you modify the loadout), you loose the ability.

I corrected this, if you want the file ...

THank you for your answers

Hi Guys... Okay fantastic Mod... minor issue with the Jaguar with its drop tanks :-

Tank was named as

NADR-Tank when it should have been NADRUK quick fix in the DATA ini and all is working... also the Phimat Pod has a rename Phimat_UK not Phimat-UK otherwise you end up with no chaff and flare dispenser on the wing... I know its minor stuff but was driving me crazy this morning trying to figure it out and that little Jaguar needs its tanks... Same issue on the French Jaguar as well... with the drop tanks...

Apart from that fantastic mod...

Edited by Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast:

Looks like TK made some changes the handling of weapons in the most recent patch. Those particular weapons were working before (they weren't updated in this release). The problem is that some of the original weapons in NF4+ (back in Sep. 2009) were done such that the folder name matched the MODELNAME in the DATA.INI, not the TYPENAME. This is the same problem that I encountered with the Flash Pods on the RF-4C (which are updated in this release).

Looks like I'll have to go through all the original weapons and check the folder name vs. the TypeName. If anyone else spots non-working weapons with the May2011 or later patch level, let me know.

Eric Howes

Slartibartfast:

Looks like TK made some changes the handling of weapons in the most recent patch. Those particular weapons were working before (they weren't updated in this release). The problem is that some of the original weapons in NF4+ (back in Sep. 2009) were done such that the folder name matched the MODELNAME in the DATA.INI, not the TYPENAME. This is the same problem that I encountered with the Flash Pods on the RF-4C (which are updated in this release).

Looks like I'll have to go through all the original weapons and check the folder name vs. the TypeName. If anyone else spots non-working weapons with the May2011 or later patch level, let me know.

Eric Howes

Thanks for the reply

Found another F-4G Centreline and wing tanks...

I will look further for you need any help let me know... Just to advise though I am away from my PC for the next week or so but I will pack the laptop and bring the Campaign ini files so I can search through them... Also there seem to be a serious lack of F-4E's in the Red Storm Campaign... any reason or is it that they had all been shipped stateside as there are F-4C's and D's thats all...

Edited by Slartibartfast

Folks:

Quick update on the weapons situation: I have identified almost 60 weapons that will have to be re-done because of a mismatch between the TypeName and folder name. At this point, I'm leaning towards fixing the weapons by re-naming folders, as opposed to re-naming the TypeNames, then tracking down all the different instances of the affected weapons in aircraft loadouts and re-doing the loadouts.

The advantage to this approach is that it preserves the TypeNames that have been traditionally used for these weapons, which could be loaded by multiple aircraft including user-added mods.

The downside to this approach is that it becomes more difficult to update an existing NF4+ install, as the newly named folders would be dropped in alongside the existing, misnamed folders.

That's why I'm also leaning towards doing a separate NF4+ Weapons Refresh package that would include the entire NF4+ weapons folder as it should be. Installation would involve blowing away your current NF4+ weapons folder and dropping in the new one.

Any way we do this, it's a mess with no clean and easy solution.

Eric Howes

Thanks for the reply

Also there seem to be a serious lack of F-4E's in the Red Storm Campaign... any reason or is it that they had all been shipped stateside as there are F-4C's and D's thats all...

most USAFE F-4E's had gone home by 86, but many Germany based units had ANG support covering their sectors while the unit converted to C model Vipers. particularly Rammestien at the time as Hahn and Spang had already swapped out i believe.

Folks:

Attached is a Hotfix for the weapons problems. Please note that this Hotfix does require you to remove 33 now obsolete weapons folders from your NF4+Mods Folder.

See the included ReadMe for instructions on how to apply this Hotfix. If you encounter problems, please report them here.

Eric Howes

NF4+_Weapons_HotFix.7z

Eric, I think Your work in upgrading, testing and fixing ALL these custom pack campaigns is outstanding.:clapping:

BTW (I say that mostly because my Nato F4 last update don't works so well :blink: ) I think that maybe a brand new updated ALL inside install (NATO F5?) should be nedeeed ...

.... in fact our favorite sim is changed too much from original Nato F4 realise.

This is only my personal opinion ....

:drinks:

As usual I'm at Your disposal for testing or/and adding new OOBs/planes.

Bye

Paul

Part 5 has been updated with various fixes etc. I recommend you re-download this.

To Dave, the Team and all the modders (who made this wonderful NATO-Fighters stay alive),

I played NATOFighters 4 for years. Some hundreds flighthours in real time. Thougt it would be time to upgrade my Strikefigters1 last week. First thing to do was to install NF4+.

Played around with some planes and campaigns. Let me tell it in one word: Overwhelming. What a great job you do folks? Their must be hundreds of hours to make this mod work in SF2!? And thats not all. New weapons, new planes, new objects, new efects, its endless. So again: Thank you all.

Found the issue with missing external tanks. But not installed your hotfix. Will tell you if it works for me in three weeks. (SF2 no merged install, June2012 patchlevel)

One minor issue detected with Mirage 2000 E. The flags on the Tailwing are false by 90 degrees. Showing the durch flag not the french.

So keep it up. Waiting for additions to test.

I am back again.

Here is the anounced result for Weapons_HotFix. Works brilliant for June2012 patchlevel. No more missing weapons.

Is it possible to Reupload Update #5 with integrated Weapons_Hotfix? Not for me but for new Users?

After some 30 hours Flight-Time. My only wish for Update #6: Please make the LGB´s laserguided. Not dumb.

The Issue with popping up trees and buildings on the terrain seams to be a data.ini problem caused by Thirdwire?

I will try to discuss this with Stary in the GermanyCE-Terrain Support seperately.

For me the best Mod ever.