Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Anyone else like this idea?

I was just thinking today that it would be really cool to have a campaign in either SF1 or SF2 that is based on "Defense of the Reich" in WWII. Flying for both the Luftwaffe and RAF/USAAF. I know that there are already all the aircraft, and terrains needed for this and I just thought I'd see what others think about it. I am definitely not a modder or campaign creator, so I will not be the one making something like this, but maybe one of the great modders on on this website will like this idea.

Thanks Everyone!

I`ve been thinking of that idea for quite some time, interesting, i might try to do something...

Do you mean occuring during WWII or an alternate history occurring after the 1940s?

Do you mean occuring during WWII or an alternate history occurring after the 1940s?

Definitely in WWII, I think accuracy is always the best.

I`ve been thinking of that idea for quite some time, interesting, i might try to do something...

Very Cool!

you do know that the ww2 EAW Euro terrain is pretty f***ed, when it comes to SF2, right?

both visually; there's major tile issues with ALL the transitions (and the internal HFD), to say nothing of the inaccuracy and general lack of proper targeting

The EAW Euro terrain is downscaled. You can easily fly from London to Berlin with a Spitfire.

Such a terrain must be rebuild from scratch. And this is a big job.

well i got a chuckle on watchin my F-86 taxi past static Hurricanes! but agreed not too ideal for Gen 2 though i would love to see it redone.

you do know that the ww2 EAW Euro terrain is pretty f***ed, when it comes to SF2, right?

both visually; there's major tile issues with ALL the transitions (and the internal HFD), to say nothing of the inaccuracy and general lack of proper targeting

Is this the terrain you're talking about?

WW2 Europe by FNG2K & Edward

Edited by warthog64

yup

there should be an upgraded version (06 level) somewhere around here, too.

Edited by Wrench

couldn't say for sure, but probably not. It ain't just the tiles ... it's the height field display (HFD) and the targeting.

More work than I want to take on at present.

Meaning: starting fresh, with a clean DEM, and using Stary's GermanyCE 4 Season tile set is the best answer

• Like 1

WWII and immediate post war please. course you know by now i just really want a berlin airlift mod going. need templehof, tegel and C-54s to get started with it though!

1945-1948 would be lovely timeframe

I don't see why the stock GermanyCE couldn't be used for that (45-48 timeframe). The basic demarkations between East and West are already there. Berlin is lacking Templehoff, however, but some retiling could probably take care of that relatively easily (ie: new city-to-airbase tiles would be required for ALL 4 seasons)

don't seem all that hard to do (maybe replace SAMs with AAA units via the Active/inactive line in the targets ini ie:

Target[0xx].ActiveYear=1945

Target[0xx].InactiveYear=1959 (when SA-2 first started deploying)

of course, flying in years before SAMs operatinal start, automatically limits to static or mobile AAA units

replacing SAMs with AAA is three clicks and six letters work, right?

I think stock Germany map would fit nicely, it has most of the real life stuff present in their locations, city to airbase tiles say you, with seasoning variants?

my best guesstimate as to TCAs location

the hardest part, would be replicating that iconic terminal building, and parking ramp (without building a completly new airfield)