Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

FJ-3M Fury by Zur and Co., for SF2

FJ-3M Fury by Zur and Co., for SF2

NAA FJ-3M Fury

= For SF2, Any and All =

This is the full, compiled package of Zur/Column5's FJ-3M Fury. I've assembled all theskin/decal sets I could find into one big lump.

Skins included in the pak are:

VF-53 from ??

VF-62 from USS Essex, ATG-201 during the Beirut Crisis

VF-73 from USS Randolph, circa 1956/57

VF-84 from USS Forrestall, crica 1956/57

VF-142 from USS Hornet, 1956

VF-211 from USS BonHomme Richard, circa 1956

VMF-312 (actually an FJ-3 in Natural Metal, circa 1955ish)

Some of the older decals have been replaced by new-builds, and all the positioning has been reset to match photographic and profile evidence. With a little luck, they're right! Decal randomization is also set to TRUE, so make sure you're at least at the July 2011 patch level (or whichever one gave that to us)

Also included is a new drop tank (based off the original Sabre tank), as reskinned by C5 for the original release. I've just did some hex editing and renaming of the tank to create the "new" version just for the Fury.

Other changes are the addition of the Userlist, a new avionics ini that adds the radar-ranging gunsight. And a revamped SF2 version of my 'artwork' hangar screen. Loadouts use all stock, in-game items.

The aircraft is fully carrier-capable, via the addition of a 'virtual' arrestor hook. The 'destroyed model' callout has been added, using the closest shape (F-100D). Not perfect, but it works!

As always, READ the enclosed readme for full,detailed, easy-to-follow install instructions. Of course, the usual 'Notes' section for the ravings of a madman!! :grin:

Happy Landings!

wrench

kevin stein

Job well done!!!

** Cough..cough **

I actually made a genuine FJ-3M Fury (external model) and gave it to one of our intrepid community members to texture edit and release... If I remember correctly, I think its crying on someones hard-drive right now, dusty and forgotten.

Maybe upon seeing this they might release it... LOL!

BTW.. I do still hsve it.

Pappychecksix has it....

Maybe, we could bring that to SF2 standard Zur?

Including drop tanks into Model and dds textures???

well, then lets get a move-on people!!! :lol:

even if the mapping is changed, all the decals can be reused!! (yes! I am that lazy!!!)

If we use DDS, we can paint a lot of decals direct on the textures and only left the numbers as decals.

I think that looks much better...

i've never believed that was a good idea, expecially for Navy birds ... look at the stock textures for all the Scooter and Rhino ... eveything is done with decals, from the CVW tail colors/codes to Modex numbers (which, obviously need to be done a Level2 decals -mind you, there is a marked lack of FULL proper coding for wings and such)

that means that one set of 'base skin' map can be used over and over for different squadrons. Just like I did for the KAW Skyraiders and Panthers. You just change the color band for the squadron designator.

OTH, for some that use fues stripes (and in the 1950 there was LOTS of them!) some would need to be painted on the bird. like the VF73 and 211's above

i've never believed that was a good idea, expecially for Navy birds ... look at the stock textures for all the Scooter and Rhino ... eveything is done with decals, from the CVW tail colors/codes to Modex numbers (which, obviously need to be done a Level2 decals -mind you, there is a marked lack of FULL proper coding for wings and such)

that means that one set of 'base skin' map can be used over and over for different squadrons. Just like I did for the KAW Skyraiders and Panthers. You just change the color band for the squadron designator.

OTH, for some that use fues stripes (and in the 1950 there was LOTS of them!) some would need to be painted on the bird. like the VF73 and 211's above

The big difference between the TW skins and 3rd party skins is that TK uses the squadronlist so that he can cover numerous units with ONE skin set, but if I look at third party aircraft it's usually one skin per unit. It may seem silly to some, but the reason why I just decals only for individual aircraft numbers and try to paint everything onto the skin itself is simply that I need a justification to have several skin sets in an aircraft folder.

Well Kevin, i don´t like so much decals cause it looks not really "real".

It looks better when you put the most on the textures cause then you have got the weathering effects, lines etc.

But that is in the hand of the skinner....

well, then lets get a move-on people!!! :lol:

even if the mapping is changed, all the decals can be reused!! (yes! I am that lazy!!!)

When I modded the Fury, I based it off of the "F" and worked hard to maintain texture mapping comparability...

With the exception of new "bits" it would work with these skins perfectly.

just a note to everyone ... there ARE more Fury skins that I missed.

I've totally forgotten about one of our sub-sites here are CA, Paul Nortness' "Fist of the Fleet" ... there are more skins there, if anyone wants them.

some editating might be necessary, and at least 2 (the blue ones) are probably more for FJ-2 and early FJ-3 (pre-1956/7 transition period)