Sign in to follow this  
Tilman

No bullet holes in game and effects are behaving strange.

Hello everybody!

I am new to OFF and just found it a few weeks ago, but I am enjoying the game greatly.

But I have two problems with it.

First is, that I don't see any bullet holes. I have chosen normal skins in the workshop and the effects slider is on 5 but they won't show up.

Second is, that as soon as I put different textures into the game, like a different skin for an aircraft, I loose the engine smoke, the gunsmoke and the tracers all together. The new skin does show correctly in the game though.

Can someone help me?

Hi Tilman,

Welcome to the forum and the skies over Flanders - I hope you enjoy them!

As to your specific queries, I don't know the answer, but the devs on the OFF site can probably suggest something. Alternatively, the General Discussion area is a good place to ask these questions as well - more people there!

Cheers,

Si

Maybe a mod can move the topic there?

I tried it again and the bullets holes only show up, when I use low-res skins. In medium-res skins there are not there. The exhaust effects are even off, if I just replace the tracer textures with different textures to make them look more slim.

Ok, I guess all the texture-files in the JSGM-MOD folder confused the game. I put them out of the game folder and suddenly all tracers and engine fumes are there again. Just the bullet holes are still missing.

Hi Tilman, not sure why that is maybe you need to check the recommended settings on the FAQ for ATI and NVidia could be down to an odd setting you have on display drivers or on cfs3config. Are your display drivers up to date?