Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Why am I dying?

Now I've got a great joystick, TrackIR is working, and I go to Quick Combat to get back in the game. To allow myself some slack, I check "Pilot Never Dies". But I do. Every time. Did HITR disable this feature?

Nope should work fine. Maybe create a new pilot. Better still go to Workshop and enable pilot never dies maybe and see.

Updated HITR fully?

Are you, like really bad at it and the computer can't calculate your pilot making it out alive?

Are you, like really bad at it and the computer can't calculate your pilot making it out alive?

Maybe all of the above? Trying to get my chops back, trying to get adjusted to TrackIR, I'm in a Sopwith Pup with four Albatros D.II's. I've been picking out one and concentrating on him; totally ignoring the other three on the assumption that (wait for it!) the pilot can't die. Every time, I get my butt handed to me. 'Top wing tends to go away first followed by much flame from the engine. As per Pol's advice, I went to Workshop and found "Pilot Can't Die" was not checked. Corrected that and went up one more time before calling it a night. 'Lasted mere minutes. This is not a big deal. I could just take 'em on one at a time for practice. But it's a bad habit to ignore what's happening on your six.There's got to be a simple solution.

... it's a bad habit to ignore what's happening on your six.There's got to be a simple solution.

There is a solution, although it may not appear simple: cycle through your rebirths, until you have learnt your lesson.

It is not a good idea to ignore someone with twin Spandaus in your neck, Hauksbee.

There is a solution, although it may not appear simple: cycle through your rebirths, until you have learnt your lesson.

It is not a good idea to ignore someone with twin Spandaus in your neck, Hauksbee.

I guess there's just some things in this life that have to be learned the hard way.

Are you perchance confusing 'Pilot never dies' with 'Invulnerability'? PND will only guarantee that your pilot is never deceased following a mission or QC, it does not mean that you won't have your ass handed to you if you don't fly as if your life were at risk.

Are you perchance confusing 'Pilot never dies' with 'Invulnerability'? PND will only guarantee that your pilot is never deceased following a mission or QC, it does not mean that you won't have your ass handed to you if you don't fly as if your life were at risk.

Aha! Once again, the obvious becomes visible. Thanks Dej.

"Vott iss obvious? Vatt iss visibel?? Are you sayink - I can die???"