Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

Pilot Pics in Dossier

This may be an old question (if so please forgive me for not searching through the current 203 pages in this forum), but how can I change the pilot pic when creating a pilot dossier?

I always seem to get the same "default" pics, for example every time I create a British persona, I get the picture of a chap from a Scottish regiment wearing a Glengarry. As it happens I am a Scot, so perhaps OFF is even smarter than we give it credit for - but this kind of jars when my character is supposed to be in an RNAS sqn!

Thanks

Mike

Mike- Here's the folder routing to the pilot pictures folder..open country of choice and then click and drag photo you like to position one.

C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\PilotPhotos\Britain

Mike, the path cptroyce showed is correct (if your sim is installed there),

but his method won't work that easily.

You will have to give the pilot pics their new numbers by hand.

Look into your ingame pilot log; there you see which No. the current pilot pic is.

Now select a pic of your choice to replace it.

Back the original pic up by adding "backup" behind the file name.

(You can always reactivate the pic by deleting "backup" again).

Then give your desired pic that number, and save it. Now you should be right.

Edited by Olham

I've always wondered if there is a way to randomize that picture selection, or at the very least have it progress through the pictures one at a time and not always return to the first unused picture when making a new pilot. I tend to delete pilots after they "retire" so the picture is usually the same.

Beard

You can change the numbers of all pilot photos, BurningBeard.

You can have any photo you like, if you simply give it the number which you see

under the photo in the pilot log.

Olham.....very cool....been wondering the same for a long time....good thread....I'm tired of the same old faces....doesn't bode well for my marriage....but there it is!

Ol.....as per Burning Beard's question....any way to progress thru the pix or randomize it at least? Something for the program competent I suspect (which doesn't include me)...but a fun thought....with each new "life" you have a new "face"...it'd add to the immersion for me....DEV's???? How bout HPW....his next add-on........New Pilot Pix!!!! I'd hit it in a second.........

You can only change the numbers by hand so far, if you want a new face - as I described above.

I think its safe to mention you can choose the pilot photo in P4 :).

Yes see above posts 2 and 3.

All you need is with your new picture make it the same resolution/size and format as the current ones in there, and give it the same name as the one used by your pilot. Backup the files in there somewhere safe first.

Great. Does the face also age as you progress through the war or am I asking a little too much :grin:

Got it thanks! Do you happen to know the resolution needed? Is it a .jpg?

It's quicker for you to look than me to check the data but anyway I just opened my folder as described above and they are .BMP. 122x137 but they vary slightly. It will only take you seconds to look so have a go.

Look in the folder and open one of the pics into a paint package and have a look, then resize yours and paste into it then save (after backing up current ones of course)/

Great. Does the face also age as you progress through the war or am I asking a little too much :grin:

Yes and gets zits from shaving with a blunt razor and sunburnt from exposure.

No only kiddin ;).

Another nugget of information slips out!

Then I'm going with this one:

gary_cooper.jpg

It's one of my better shots. Really shows off my eyes.

Ah, so you were the guy in High Noon, Lou ???

We got totally wrong credits for the German version then - confusion, confusion...