Sign in to follow this  
russouk2004

Multiple animation slots for one mesh.

Im currently updating an F4E model,and see that the main gear strut has 2 animation slots,one for the gear compression on gear deplying,and another slot for the shocks\suspension

It has slot 2 for gear deploying with keys 15-20 as the gears compressing into the gear well.

then slot 8 for the suspension\shocks keys 81-90

my problem is...when u move the slider between the two slots the gear strut moves up.

my Q is how do I set them independent of each other.

I have tried set key but no luck yet.

cheers

Hi Russo,

I usually use a dummy mesh but the question is ... why to use an animation if there is the "compresswhenretracted" (or something similar) variable? Or i totaly misunderstood your question?

Russo, when you set CompressGearOnRetraction=TRUE for a gear in the Data.ini the game uses the animation set for the shock also while playing the retracting animation. If that fits to the gear well, it´s fine. But otherwise i would suggest, like Erik, to work with little "helper" meshes to prevent the annoying movement from key 20 to 81. Small planes or boxes using the same povit positions work well. Combined with a clever link setup you can have two slots working without problems.

I ll try the compression entry first if it fails will go the other route.

i did some work on F-4 models and i dont have this problem you describe , the landing gear stays fully extendet/decompressed if i move the slider between the 2slots

@russouk2004 check your mail i did send you some files

sorted I copied and relinked the pivots etc and it now works independently

solved.jpg

Edited by russouk2004