Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

DLC 11 Campaign Customizer Released!

Can you fly from carriers at the start with this?

Hmmm, my first try was to add an AV-8A in the Linebacker I campaign and it had me starting at Yankee Station, only spawning me WAAAAAYYYY on the far left extreme part of the map.... flaw

Does this do anything that you can't do by changing the INI files? Like having a "mixed" squadron for a campaign?

I am looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback about this DLC. I thought the individual aircraft DLC was a good idea, but I'm not so sure about game functionality as DLC. I want to know a lot more about it and what it does before I pony up my cash...

I purchased it. It's a quick and easy way to make SOME changes to the player's flight ONLY.

It's also a quick way to fly for the RED side. You have to have the RED aircraft of interest already made flyable, or it won't be selectable.

Also, if you use it to fly RED, it appears you don't get to pick your squadron, or where you're stationed.

It's a nice set of additional campaign options, but it's not a full up campaign editor. You won't be creating any new compaigns from scratch with this.

EDIT: It also appears to work fine with 3rd party or modified versions of the stock campaigns.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

something quite... unexpected. Hmm, I'm one of modders that have no interest or skills to manually tweak campaigns so who knows

It's now clear to me the DLC idea aims at modding impaired crowd. And if you do look at the numbers it seems it is mayority of TW customers, otherwise TK wouldn't bother

Agreed Stary. Nothing here you can't do by editing the .INI's, but what you can do, you can do quicker and easier, especially if you're not familer with the campaign files.

JSF there's huge crowd that has no idea about modding, Combatace and similar sites and free mods aviability... so it's quite nice addition for them given the pack of DLC planes. One'd be suprised how much of casual laptop gamers (a kind of gamers "lite" SF2 aims to) have problem with even extracting archives or copying files (and I'm not talking about you Mom). Sad, but we're not in the autoexec.bat and config.sys times anymore, heck, general computers daily usage knowledge does go down

Don't laugh, Stary. I teach programming to people who want to work in the IT industry, and every year I have the same talk with the "I already know everything about computers" crowd about filenames and organising stuff into folders... blink.gif

You know, a squadron of F-16s as a part of NVAF intercept units almost makes sense.

Well, that is another DLC I´m not interested in.

Campaigns are not the things I´m interested in.....

From 11 DLCs I only got 2....

Edited by Soulfreak

"errr... maybe, just maybe this isn't the game for you?" :lol:

• Like 1

"errr... maybe, just maybe this isn't the game for you?" :lol:

Nope! TK only doesn´t make the things I want! :grin:

Provides quick way to join an existing campaign, where you can pick your side/aircraft/markings.

Could use a bit more options for other basic campaign modifications.. Such as, pick your airfield/carrier station, upgrade aircraft, etc.

Why is such stuff released when I have no money! Such a pain!

I would find uses for this one, since I often want to fly something different in a campaign...

• Like 2

same here Jonathan, will have to wait few days moore :this:

well , apparently TK gonna made the modifications we need as a payware such as enhancing terrains and air refueling

i will pay for such things!

well , apparently TK gonna made the modifications we need as a payware such as enhancing terrains and air refueling

i will pay for such things!

I will too!!!

well this one answers my thread on whats the code based DLC. not a campaign modder tho thats due to interest rather than ability. if/when i get the interest i will go forth and learn(with a lot of questions to all you who went before :grin: ). that said i agree with Stary that all the DLC so far seems to be for those who have NO modding skill what so ever. in Gen1 this was honestly yours truly, but some some reason i've been pickin it up in Gen2. there is also so much here on site that with a little refinement you can get what you want(just give the proper credit! :good: ) when i get mobilized and have abit more steady income i will buy the F-4EJ and Mirage 5BA as to support TK, not because of need in game.

on a final snotty note, whats wrong with laptops? if you picked up the repackaging of the E-3A from here, i did that on a laptop thank you very much! :grin:

I for one like this DLC idea, just because I sometimes want to fly something different, crazy or red side - Funny how this is the first "official" red side we get :D

But flying all that does not mean I wish to get into the .inis all the time.

• Like 1

I went ahead and got it anyways, since it adds functionality to the game. Since I'm a Single Mission player anyways I still think it's worth the expense.

true Eric, me too fly SM mostly (to test my mods in the works mainly...), I WILL buy this and other DLCs just not right now