Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

As the battle for Tripoli approaches

Pro-Gaddafi forces are presently, refusing to surrender, and it looks as though it's gonna get very messy there, when the Rebs attempt to go in methinks....house by house, street by street.

The inhabitants have been told to take up arms and fight, or risk being executed...

I assume Holiday trips to Tripoli are on hold?

Tripoli has already fallen. Do you not mean Sirte?

Tripoli has already fallen. Do you not mean Sirte?

Just checking you were awake m8! :lol:

yes, I did mean Sirte (sorry)

A thing that concerns me more than everything is Qaddafi's chemical weapons.

He had stores of mustard gas and I really don't wanna see chemical weapons in the hands of Al-Qaeda.

Mustard gas goes great with liquid hamburger.

Daffy said back in the spring that AlQuada(sp?) was fighting with the rebels. Turned out he was right. I wonder what else is going on in this racket. Weird: Two of the most effective sworn enemies of AlQuada's(sp?) are now conveniently gone: Saddam in Iraq, and now Daffy in Libya.

NightWatch

For the Night of 28 August 2011::

:

:

The interim military commander in Tripoli is an al-Qaida terrorist Abdel Hakim Belhadj. He led the western tribal forces that more or less seized Tripoli. The nature of the post-Qadhafi government remains undecided and potentially treacherous for NATO.

:

:

~ http://www.kforcegov.com/Services/IS/NightWatch/NightWatch_11000177.aspx

And we thought Terrain Editor(banghead.gif) was frustrating lol.

Daffy said back in the spring that AlQuada(sp?) was fighting with the rebels. Turned out he was right. I wonder what else is going on in this racket. Weird: Two of the most effective sworn enemies of AlQuada's(sp?) are now conveniently gone: Saddam in Iraq, and now Daffy in Libya.

NightWatch

For the Night of 28 August 2011::

And we thought Terrain Editor(banghead.gif) was frustrating lol.

I knew it from the beginning.

Once again, Obama managed to screw things up. :clapping:

Mubarak for example was a dictator, but he kept the area relatively stable, and he brought Egypt to a better place.

But now "The Muslim Brothers" party will rise in Egypt, and terrorists will get F16 and M1 Abrams.

It was a no-win situation. The people are being oppressed by a dictator that for his own sake is anti-al qaeda. So those forces are part of the rebellion that rises up to take him down.

You either support the oppressor, and earn the ire of the people, or you support the rebels and help al qaeda's position. The only hope is that the people will be smarter than al qaeda takes them for.

It was a no-win situation. The people are being oppressed by a dictator that for his own sake is anti-al qaeda. So those forces are part of the rebellion that rises up to take him down.

You either support the oppressor, and earn the ire of the people, or you support the rebels and help al qaeda's position. The only hope is that the people will be smarter than al qaeda takes them for.

Or option C:

AtomicBomb1.jpg

Ehm, that the rebells has taken Tripolis does mean nothing about the end of the war. Do you remember how US troops had taken Baghdad? Do you remember how old George said "Mission accomblished"? And some weeks later there was a very nasty guerilla war.

Will hope that history this time not repeat.

Unlike wars of yesteryear, the conflicts of today have little to do with who holds the capital or who runs the country. All you need are two sides armed with one side able to resist being easily wiped out.