Sign in to follow this  
MaGaRCaN

Identify aircrafts

I'm using SF2: Israel. And I'm using Hard as simulation level.

I've a problem flying with the IA. When I switch radar on I can only see contacts as enemies (colored rectangle). I know that some of them are friends but I think this could be because they have ECMs on. Anyway, when I block a contact, how can I know who is it??

In the SF2 manual it says:

woe002.jpg

But I can't see the aspect (I'm flying EricJ's F-18). Here you can see a screenshot:

img00003p.jpg

Thanks!!

The display in the SF2 manual is for the Thirdwire F-15A, and does not necessarily apply to 3rd-party models.

The display in the SF2 manual is for the Thirdwire F-15A, and does not necessarily apply to 3rd-party models.

I know, but I thought that this feature would be also implemented in 3rd-party ones. This hapens only in this model or in all 3rd party?

Thanks!!

Most third-party models pay more than a modicum of lip-service to realism (wherever possible). That may not be part of (real) the F-18s display, or it may not be represented in exactly that manner. What does the readme for the model say?

Edited by Fubar512

Regular Radar is different from Boresight mode, which is what is on the hornet's mfd in that screen.

I know you're asking about the MFD radar display, but a quick look in your HUD shows a high aspect contact with high Vc...almost 900 Knots. You'll merge in about 18 seconds.

In your screenshot, the target aspect is shown on the HUD ( the small triangle on top of the circle) and on the radar, the target has a small stick pointing in the direction of movement.

There is no digital aspect readout though on HUD or radar, and thats correct afaik.

For knowing who is who on the radar, all contacts show as rectangles initially, and after several sweeps the friendly aircraft contacts should change into a circle - but the radar mod shown in your picture isnt mine, so I dont know if that feature has been implemented.

EDIT:

Also, after the IFF function separated the contacts into friendly and enemy contacts, you can only select enemy contacts

with your radar cursor.

I have made a APG-65 for A/B model Hornets and have the IFF feature for both Search and TWS modes :ninja:

Edited by Crusader

That was the avionics mod by ArtuR (I think I got it right) and was thinking about a tutorial for the Super Hornet's avionics and how to interpret them... I may do one if needed.

That was the avionics mod by ArtuR (I think I got it right) and was thinking about a tutorial for the Super Hornet's avionics and how to interpret them... I may do one if needed.

This would be wonderful!!! Thanks in advance.

Cool! It'll be done in... 2 weeks :smile:

For knowing who is who on the radar, all contacts show as rectangles initially, and after several sweeps the friendly aircraft contacts should change into a circle - but the radar mod shown in your picture isnt mine, so I dont know if that feature has been implemented.

EDIT:

Also, after the IFF function separated the contacts into friendly and enemy contacts, you can only select enemy contacts

with your radar cursor.

I've been checking and always are shown as enemy contacts. How many time has to spend in order to be recognised as friends??

I have made a APG-65 for A/B model Hornets and have the IFF feature for both Search and TWS modes :ninja:

This is for F-15A, isn't it? I'll try.

Thanks!!

Cool! It'll be done in... 2 weeks :smile:

Thank you very very much!!

Edited by MaGaRCaN

In your screenshot, the target aspect is shown on the HUD ( the small triangle on top of the circle) and on the radar, the target has a small stick pointing in the direction of movement.

There is no digital aspect readout though on HUD or radar, and thats correct afaik.

EDIT:

with your radar cursor.

Well how you get that working I'd like to know as it doesn't seem to do a sort with this modification...

MaGaRCaN,

ah no, my F-15 avionics enhancement , thats a APG-63 radar, already working on a further improved version of it.

Current version doesnt have IFF ...

but I think I will include IFF by default in the next release.

~

That's great, now how do you implement that in other radars so it does work?

Well how you get that working I'd like to know as it doesn't seem to do a sort with this modification...

You can add the IFF contact entries to normal search mode too, its not just for TWS.

I dont run the SH atm, would have to take a look into the files to give you a quick "add this and that" example

for the particular mod, since I dont know what tga textures are included.

~

I DL the SH and check it out :ninja:

The .tgas are there but from what I've seen there's no sort or images showing the required information, much appreciated though :smile:

Yes I added IFF but of course its only imagination :-) I have no idea how it is displayed in real. I don't think so that IFF informations are displayed on radar screen. But all in all better to have this than nothing.

Here is friendly guy

iff.jpg

I also made little pdf where is explained "target lock" stuff

Radar mode1.rar

Hunh... how long does it take to show up then? I never get that even though everything is there.

Reason I never saw this was because I use the Overhead Map and see how it's relative to the radar screen... (cockpit is zoomed out most of the time so I have to do this)

Edited by EricJ